Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Savin 2545 - How to modify Scan to network location / address book

Hi:

I inherited a quite old Savin 2545. It has an address book entry for scanning to a network folder (SMB) that stopped working. We can still print to the machine and IP address/networking did not change. I cannot figure out how to modify the address book entry/scan location settings. If I connect to the machine via browser at IP address then select Configuration, it wants me to logon. I've tried all the default credential combinations I've found online but none of them work. At the machine console, I've gone through all settings and cannot find anywhere to set/modify address book/scan locations. When I search online for how to cfg. machine, the screenshots are all different than what I see on this machine, as if the firmware is perhaps old. I've attached a screenshot below of the embedded web server/browser page when connecting to the machine.

Thanks for any insights! If you're a copy tech. in SoCAL (LA/OC) and you can help, my customer will pay for service.

Savin 2545 Browser.jpg

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Re: Savin 2545 - How to modify Scan to network location / address book

That's a 2001-2004 model. (Converts to Ricoh Aficio 1045)
    This machine didn't ever support SMB
    You're not scanning to anything newer than a windows XP machine (Windows 7 with a few "tweaks"), and ONLY with the help of a really old, antiquated software that's long discontinued. (I won't even say it's name because frankly, it makes me a bit queasy)

Hi @sandmanmac :

Thanks for that info. The scanning was previously working up till July 2020, then just stopped. Maybe the prior IT guy cfg. it to scan to his Windows 7 machine then cfg. a service to move the scans from his machine to the network folder. Anyway, that prev. IT guy is long gone and last year we retired some old machines and updated other machines from Win. 7 to Win. 10, which probably explains the issue if the hypothesis is correct. The problem is that I can't even see how to view the scanning address book entry to see how it's cfg. Any idea how to view the address book entry?

Thank you,
    Bob

Once again, the scanning was all done through the antiquated software, and that's where the address book would be viewed and changed on that old unit.
    Seriously, it's time for a new(er) machine

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IT Tropolis View Post
    Hi @sandmanmac :

Thanks for that info. The scanning was previously working up till July 2020, then just stopped. Maybe the prior IT guy cfg. it to scan to his Windows 7 machine then cfg. a service to move the scans from his machine to the network folder. Anyway, that prev. IT guy is long gone and last year we retired some old machines and updated other machines from Win. 7 to Win. 10, which probably explains the issue if the hypothesis is correct. The problem is that I can't even see how to view the scanning address book entry to see how it's cfg. Any idea how to view the address book entry?

Thank you,
    Bob
    microsoft disabled the SMB v1 scanning to email over security concerns. I highly doubt the is any firmware upgrade available for that dino to be able to scan to email using SMBv2-3

as Sandmanmac said time to buy new if you want to scan to email.

Ya, time for machine upgrade, I understand. But what's the name of the software anyway? Also, how do I reset the admin credentials so I can get into the cfg.?

Thanks.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IT Tropolis View Post
    Ya, time for machine upgrade, I understand. But what's the name of the software anyway? Also, how do I reset the admin credentials so I can get into the cfg.?

Thanks.
    get the damn manual RTFM = Read the fucking manual.

Sandmanmac is a little more polite than I am... you're and IT guy right? does you know how to read and understand what you read?

DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH jeeeeez

Retired 10,000+ Posts

This model supported two types of scanning, Scan Router and TWAIN.

Scan Router was a software that ran to Windows NT server 4.1 and earlier, Windows server 2000, and windows EX, 98 and 95 being used as a dedicated server. If it was push scanning and then stopped, my guess is that the server Scan Router was running on was replaced.

TWAIN is a utility that installs on each computer and allows compatible imaging software to do pull scans, i.e. you place the document(s) on 2545 then return to the PC to initiate the scan, hoping that no one has removed your document(s) so that they can make copies.

If I remember correctly the admin password for that old a Ricoh Family Group copier was savin unless you on an Ricoh Aficio 1035/1045 in which it was ricoh. Cannot remember if it was leading upper case or not.

Edit the actual address book was on the server running Scan Router.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    This model supported two types of scanning, Scan Router and TWAIN.

Scan Router was a software that ran to Windows NT server 4.1 and earlier,
    Dammit Tim! I knew someone would say "it" .

It's like the ZOMBIE software......it just keeps coming back!

Note for the poster:
    Should you actually find a download for this POS software....DO NOT....I Repeat, DO NOT attempt to install it on a Windows 8/10 system! It WILL break the OS beyond repair. I'm advising you from first hand knowledge.

With that said.....I'm done here

Got it. I'll stay away from the ScanRouter s/w and hopefully convince the client that it's time to upgrade machines!

When I search Savin's site on model Aficio 1045, they offer the GlobalScan NX software. But would downloading/installing GlobalScan NX be a waste of time, i.e. do you know that it won't connect to the Savin 2545?

Thanks for all the help!