Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

IM C3500 ADF JAMMING

We have issues on NEW 5 IMC3500 Machines.All are having ADF paper jam. No paper jams only when start copyin, the ADF feed unit will go down but the rollers will not turn. WE change already the motors and clutches and ADF control board but still the same. Need your help guys.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Re: IM C3500 ADF JAMMING

Which DF is it and what jam number is it?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

DF3110 ARDF - There was no code. Just when you press start, the pick up Roller will go down. The paper feed clutch and paper feed motor will turn on but it cant drive the paper pick up roller and belt.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

That's bizarre. Were the ADF's fitted on the machines when you got them? Can you post a video of what they are doing?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    IM C3500 ADF JAMMING

Quote Originally Posted by fritzyas View Post
    We have issues on NEW 5 IMC3500 Machines.All are having ADF paper jam. No paper jams only when start copyin, the ADF feed unit will go down but the rollers will not turn. WE change already the motors and clutches and ADF control board but still the same. Need your help guys.
    Check all the DF sensors work using input checks.

Also check the DF drive using output check.

Update the firmware may have a bug.

Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    IM C3500 ADF JAMMING

DF3110 ARDF - There was no code. Just when you press start, the pick up Roller will go down. The paper feed clutch and paper feed motor will turn on but it cant drive the paper pick up roller and belt.

There's probably a one way gear somewhere in the drive assembly that is bad.

EDIT: I had the same exact problem on a Kyocera and it was a one way gear that was slipping. Not sure about yours. I had to remove the entire drive pack and disassemble to find the one-way gear.

EDIT II: If you think about it, if this is a reversing ADF, it has one motor that is responsible for the forward direction of the paper (paper feed) and the reversing of the paper (duplex). So, it has to have a one-way gear so that the pick up and feed roller aren't turning when the paper reverses direction when duplexing. If the one-way gear is slipping you will lose drive.
    Last edited by BillyCarpenter; 01-26-2021 at 03:58 PM.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    IM C3500 ADF JAMMING

One more thing: The way I was able to determine that something was going on with the gear pack in the ADF is I ran a simulation to check the doc. feeder without paper and I put my finger on the pick up roller and noticed that it wanted to turn but the slightest amount of pressure from my finger would cause it to stop turning. From there I deduced that there had to be a one-way gear that was slipping. You may try that.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    One more thing: The way I was able to determine that something was going on with the gear pack in the ADF is I ran a simulation to check the doc. feeder without paper and I put my finger on the pick up roller and noticed that it wanted to turn but the slightest amount of pressure from my finger would cause it to stop turning. From there I deduced that there had to be a one-way gear that was slipping. You may try that.
    Thanks Billy, You are right, when I remove the load on the drive gears they will turn but if i put just a small pressure it will stop. And I found out that their were 2 one way gear on that drive. I'll try to request for it and come back to you.

I had the same problem, I checked and cleaned a one-way pulley . The one that is engaged to the black gear. Below the pick-up clutch.
    Good luck

Morty

Technician

have had issues with a few here

change these parts to fix

1 x D3FE4265 Paper Feed Drive Reversal
    1 x D3FE4225 Gear, Timing Pulley Reverse Roller
    1 x D3FE4281 Stopper, Paper Feed Reversal

Jon