Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Retired 10,000+ Posts
    SP C440DN Ghosting/repeating - Tech says it's my driver

Re: SP C440DN Ghosting/repeating - Tech says it's my driver

Quote Originally Posted by Tunnelboy View Post
    Thanks for all the help. Here's more info and an updated image.

1) Repeated image is exactly 3.75". Ignore tape measure in image. It's this exact dimension on ALL images where I can see the repeat (some are very faint and some you can't see cause they're busy images).
    2) I've tried printing Plain/Recycled, "Plain 61-90" and "Middle-Thick 91-105". I can not tell a bit apart from these three. They are as identical as I can tell with the naked eye.
    3) Image is printing LEFT side first.
    4) There is also this vertical color shift that is present (arrow pointing to it) in ALL of the images. That shows up in the same exact spot.
    5) It's definitely not a watermark, as the art we acquired from different producers in different formats when we bought them out. It would be impossible for all of them to have added this type of watermark exactly the same way.
    6) Tech printed out a mile long report on the printer (left it in the tray... didn't even look at it). Anyway, it shows a count of 27,440 pages.

Attachment 48155

I guess the consensus seems to be to call for a different tech to come out and look at or fix the issue. If it were something simple or an adjustment, I'd just do it myself.

Thanks
    Ok, let's look at what you have. 3.75 inches is 95.25 mm which is what the repeat image troubleshooting guide, if available, will use. That gives a roller diameter of 30.31 mm. Unless it is a really old model, most drums and fusing hot roller/sleeve are 50mm to 52mm. That leave the development roller. The color shift that you mention in point 4 also appears to be 3.75 inches from the edge, again a possible development roller problem.

My guess is that the machine in badly in need of a full maintenance service especially if it has not had one for several years.

Re: SP C440DN Ghosting/repeating - Tech says it's my driver

just off the top, if the toner is rubbin off the pages, get s new fuser, but if not. needing its probably needing new drums and cleaning blades, if not then recovery blades..