Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Rico Pro 5100 - image to small an a4 printed compliment slips on to a3 - scale up?

Hi,

customer is doing 3 lots of compliment slips images that are a4 sized on to a3 paper to then cut the out to single compliment slips. he.s printing off from a E-22b fiery. He is saying the image length and height is out by a few mm either way. i have not been on site yet. but asked him just to copy on the flatbed a ruler. his print out of the ruler 10mm is 8mm. i tried this on a mpc3004 in our office and 10mm is 10mm on the print out (if that makes sense) so his 5100 is not scaling the print properly.
    i am just wonder do any off you guys know a SP adjustment or something i could try on the fiery command workstation he has. I remember there is image impose (imposition) but cant remember if that is just shifting moving the image about?

any help or idea with this one would be great. cant find anything to do with scaling up on the service manual

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Rico Pro 5100 - image to small an a4 printed compliment slips on to a3 - scale up?

Re: Rico Pro 5100 - image to small an a4 printed compliment slips on to a3 - scale up

[QUOTE=Jedi Ben;1686763 but asked him just to copy on the flatbed a ruler. his print out of the ruler 10mm is 8mm. i tried this on a mpc3004 in our office and 10mm is 10mm on the print out [/QUOTE]

That would be a 20% reduction which rather excessive unless it has been set as the default in user tools or the copy function. The printing through the fiery is more likely to be a setting in the fiery. Maybe some one set a job profile that reduces slightly so that when printed on A4 there would be room to cut out the slips. That is what an experienced print shop operator would do instead of wasting half an A3 sheet.