Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

any guide list for slow printing non WSD?

HI
    I have a ricoh sp5200 b/w copier that is hooked up configure the manual way,IP address not WSD and tried using pcl 6 and pcl 5 driver but still seems slow
    printing PDF docs.When logging on to machine via WIM it seemed to be slow to load page and respond.
    Any thoughts,any setting via service mode to change/check?
    thanks

Senior Tech 250+ Posts jhalfhide's Avatar

Re: any guide list for slow printing non WSD?

Have you got your ethernet port speed settings right? Have you tested with a laptop straight into the device?

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I've experienced a similar sort of problem with a Ricoh MP2550 at 1 of our engineering clients. Machine took ages to print even small documents.

We eventually brought the machine into the workshop for testing. What I found is that the machine worked perfectly in the workshop with our computer and network, even with some very large PDF engineering documents.

So the fault in my situation resided in the clients slow network and computers. I would recommend the same as the other technician mentioned, take your own laptop and cable and test directly.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Use "print as image" in the advanced tab of the print dialog box. PDF printing is a pain in the arse.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KeviM View Post
    I've experienced a similar sort of problem with a Ricoh MP2550 at 1 of our engineering clients. Machine took ages to print even small documents.

We eventually brought the machine into the workshop for testing. What I found is that the machine worked perfectly in the workshop with our computer and network, even with some very large PDF engineering documents.

So the fault in my situation resided in the clients slow network and computers. I would recommend the same as the other technician mentioned, take your own laptop and cable and test directly.
    So you took back whole machine to workshop instead of bringing laptop to customer's site?
    Direct printing to the machine with their files should be way more easy to eliminate client network and PCs
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fshead View Post
    HI
    I have a ricoh sp5200 b/w copier that is hooked up configure the manual way,IP address not WSD and tried using pcl 6 and pcl 5 driver but still seems slow
    printing PDF docs.When logging on to machine via WIM it seemed to be slow to load page and respond.
    Any thoughts,any setting via service mode to change/check?
    thanks

Hook a laptop up direct if print speed is still the same update the firmware.

Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Check the graphics setting in Printing Defaults - Print Quality. I had a church that was trying to print their bulletin for Sunday's service. It was taking about 30 minutes to queue a 11X17 page. I can't remember if I changed it from Raster to Vector or the other way around but after changing the setting it only took 30 seconds a page. Depending on the type of images one will work faster than the other.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I found this in my notes haven’t tried it yet:

Slow printing pdf
    Cause: PDF’s generating by the machine print much slower than PDF’s created on a PC when using the PostScript Driver. Printing same files with PCL driver print much faster.

Solution: Uncheck the “PS Pass Through” of the Driver may result in improved processing speed of scanned PDF files. This is usually associated with the RIP time and affects the first set. The machine should feed pages at normal speed once the first set is complete regardless of the “PS Pass Through” setting.
    Choose File > Print, and then click Advanced.
    2. Select Print As Image.

3. Click OK to close the Advanced Print Setup dialog box, and then click OK again .

Solution 3: Change the Print Optimizations setting to "Disabled " .

1. Choose Start > Settings > Printers.

2. Right-click the printer you are using and choose Properties.

3. Click the Printing Preferences button.

4. Click the Advanced tab.

5. Under Document Options, choose Disabled next to Print Optimizations , and then click OK .

6. Click OK to close the printer properties window .

Quote Originally Posted by jhalfhide View Post
    Have you got your ethernet port speed settings right? Have you tested with a laptop straight into the device?

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk
    hi
    no i have not gone with my laptop but will with a 5 port splitter and see how it prints from my laptop.
    I also feel it seems the response from her PC is super slow as is her PC with 20 programs not needed but open..accountant office

THANKS for the fast responses...
    what i did notice is they were trying to print a pdf from email attachment and that seemed to go slow..
    Aldo it seemed to stop between every page..They also have that dabn dreaded MCAFEE VIRUS BUNDLE which always gave me pains with scanning..

AS I have been doing everything but copier repair over the last 11 months I am already forgetting things i remember...