Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

mpc3001 toner near end blocked

sp3101-13 16 = Near End Threshold.
    We like to put this values to 0, so client replace the toner when it is totaly empty for certain...
    But, machine still indicates "toner almost empty" (and customer might replace it before it is totaly empty).
    Do you have good exprerience with @remote from ricoh?
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Mark Bbb; 02-18-2021 at 12:14 PM.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

Re: mpc3001 toner near end blocked

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bbb View Post
    sp3101-13 16 = Near End Threshold.
    We like to put this values to 0, so client replace the toner when it is totaly empty for certain...
    But, machine still indicates "toner almost empty" (and customer might replace it before it is totaly empty).
    Do you have good exprerience with @remote from ricoh?
    Thanks.

WHY not make them save the empties..
    I tell my customers just open and close front door and let machine cycle adding toner..
    I also tell them do not remove bottle and shake it...
    That actions seems to cemented into their brains..

Retired 10,000+ Posts

You could turn off Toner End Detection: Set, SP 3045. That way the C3001 will ignore the calculated toner amount stored on the RFID chip and use the toner end sensor on the toner nozzle to detect when there is no toner coming out of the bottle.

i think if you turn off toner end detect it will code out after depleting the toner in the developer unit.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fshead View Post
    i think if you turn off toner end detect it will code out after depleting the toner in the developer unit.
    No when the cartridge run empty there will be no toner coming out of the toner nozzle which the toner end sensor will detect and display toner end message then disable printing 50 copies. SP 3045 only disables toner near end message at the 17% remaining level on the RFID chip. Common procedure for a bad RFID chip. After the cartridge is replaced you can then turn it back on. The only time depleting the toner in the developer unit will happen is if the end sensor on the toner nozzle is bad, whether SP 3045 is on or off.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    You could turn off Toner End Detection: Set, SP 3045. That way the C3001 will ignore the calculated toner amount stored on the RFID chip and use the toner end sensor on the toner nozzle to detect when there is no toner coming out of the bottle.
    Slim: good theory, but in practice?
    Last edited by Mark Bbb; 02-19-2021 at 09:25 AM.

I have maybe 2 of these series still out there and was haunted with bad toner pumps when i first started selling both the mpc2800/mpc3300 and then the mpc3001/mpc3501 series..I thank god for the 03 series as they are so much better all around..
    I do recall turning off toner end detect and finding undertoner k dev unit with a sc code many times..too long to remember all

I have maybe 2 of these series still out there and was haunted with bad toner pumps when i first started selling both the mpc2800/mpc3300 and then the mpc3001/mpc3501 series..I thank god for the 03 series as they are so much better all around..
    I do recall turning off toner end detect and finding undertoner k dev unit with a sc code many times..too long to remember all
    Does anyone uses @remote?
    I don't think it is possible to block the near end message without complications.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

I did some checking and it is only the color toner supplies that have a toner end sensor on the toner nozzle. The K does not.