Technician

im350 / p501 slanted prints

I have several of these devices standing here and all make slightly slanted prints / copies from the cassette (about 2mm LEF) feed roller / pads already changed .....no success. An idea ev to this, devices are new. (from bypass ok)
    The problem is then when the customer prints something, then scans again and prints....5 - 8mm slanted. does not look good.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    im350 / p501 slanted prints

Re: im350 / p501 slanted prints

Try inserting a narrow strip of paper between the ends of the registration rollers. If it can be inserted at one end, there is a problem with the spring at that end. The hook for attaching the spring to the delrin bushings on the steel roller of older models could break off causing the problem.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hanspeter75 View Post
    I have several of these devices standing here and all make slightly slanted prints / copies from the cassette (about 2mm LEF) feed roller / pads already changed .....no success. An idea ev to this, devices are new. (from bypass ok)
    The problem is then when the customer prints something, then scans again and prints....5 - 8mm slanted. does not look good.

make sure the customer tightens their shoulders properly in the the paper tray, otherwise it's what slimslob says

Technician

hello and thank you for the answers
    Yes, I know the problems with the broken spring by the older mfp`s. But here it seems to be a general problem ( in the parts catalog it has no springs) the stops of the cassettes are set correctly.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hanspeter75 View Post
    hello and thank you for the answers
    Yes, I know the problems with the broken spring by the older mfp`s. But here it seems to be a general problem ( in the parts catalog it has no springs) the stops of the cassettes are set correctly.
    aaah, I understand, that's shit there! .... be careful: try to check that the screws of the pins of the rdf have not been unscrewed, on the plastic of the frame, you have to remove the rear cover of the rdf.
    once I was crazy about another model that mounts more or less the same rdf, when you close it you don't notice much...but it shifts slightly