Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Ricoh MPC5502 Parts Manual

Hi Guys, hope someone can help, I went to one of these machines today and when they feed an original through the document feeder, rather than it being fed back up from the glass through the exit section, the paper goes straight on ending up as a jam under the white plastic platen piece. Im not that familiar with these machines but to me it looks as if something is missing, like a mylar sheet or something? I have access to My Ricoh (although dont use it that often) and have trid to download the SPDF parts manual but for some reason the download doesnt seem to work? so I am either looking for a parts manual for the document feeder or someone to say ' hey i know what that it, you need to do .....................................

Thanks

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts

Re: Ricoh MPC5502 Parts Manual

Quote Originally Posted by Leebs14 View Post
    Hi Guys, hope someone can help, I went to one of these machines today and when they feed an original through the document feeder, rather than it being fed back up from the glass through the exit section, the paper goes straight on ending up as a jam under the white plastic platen piece. Im not that familiar with these machines but to me it looks as if something is missing, like a mylar sheet or something? I have access to My Ricoh (although dont use it that often) and have trid to download the SPDF parts manual but for some reason the download doesnt seem to work? so I am either looking for a parts manual for the document feeder or someone to say ' hey i know what that it, you need to do .....................................

Thanks
    You can't use chrome browser when downloading pdf's from ricoh at the moment use
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Pm me with your email address and I can send you the parts manual.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mga View Post
    You can't use chrome browser when downloading pdf's from ricoh at the moment use
    I do it every day.

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anothertech View Post
    I do it every day.
    Not in the uk at the moment there a problem with my ricoh with chrome it says it on my ricoh homepage
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Thanks
    This was the top link on google when I searched for 'Ricoh MPC5502 Parts Manual'

https://www.distrivisa.com.br/blog/d...4502_C5502.pdf

Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

It would be good to see a photo of where the jam is, because perhaps the small glass, was badly placed, with the rubber left, or the lid was raised and prevents the passage of the sheet

it's a humble suggestion

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Thanks
    if you don't know that model well, and look at the 3d manual, you don't understand anything, anyway (I go by heart) if I remember correctly that defect does it when the white belt unit is unhooked / positioned incorrectly, and the door immediately to the its right, under the spdf, and above the slide.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MIGUELMARCHENA View Post
    It would be good to see a photo of where the jam is, because perhaps the small glass, was badly placed, with the rubber left, or the lid was raised and prevents the passage of the sheet

it's a humble suggestion
    PHOTOS ATTACHED, it shows the paper not going back up through the exit guide, its like there is something mssing like a mylar?2.jpg

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Thanks
    something else came to mind.
    is it not that the customer has removed the original white cover from the rdf and has reattached it wrongly?
    detach it completely, place it well on the glass, with the corners adhering to the brackets, and then close the rdf by pressing lightly
    Last edited by luca72; 03-01-2021 at 02:02 PM.