Technician

Unhappy Ricoh MP C5503 Fiery E22C removal

Customer has a C5503 copier that used to have a fiery (E22C) fitted, but now wants it to work as a stand alone machine. I have been asked to restore the machine to normal functions. It has no printer functions on the user settings page. Network is also not printing (ping and webpage working OK) I have reformatted the disk, updated the firmware, reset SP5193 and SP5895 to switch off the external controller and switch on the printer functions, nothing has changed and SP5801-8 to clear the printer memory says invalid function. Ricoh portal has nothing on how to restore a machine after removal of the fiery and I am out of Ideas other than a possible NVRAM change.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Ricoh MP C5503 Fiery E22C removal

Did you remove the fiery NIC card from the copier controller? The native print function will not work with that NIC installed. Scan and other functions will still work. I learned this the hard way.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Technician

Yes, the Fiery controller board has been removed from the copier. Did you get your machine to work skinnyB?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AlanW printertech View Post
    Yes, the Fiery controller board has been removed from the copier. Did you get your machine to work skinnyB?
    Yes I have added and removed fiery units many times. Remove the unit and nic card, turn the 2 bit switches back to default, reboot and good to go.

Technician

Thumbs up Re: Ricoh MP C5503 Fiery E22C removal

Quote Originally Posted by skinnyb View Post
    Yes I have added and removed fiery units many times. Remove the unit and nic card, turn the 2 bit switches back to default, reboot and good to go.

Thanks, I Got it working! Now that I know there is no secret SP mode to set. Replaced the NIC board reset the SP switches back to Fiery mode and started again, This time the printer mode came back. The great thing about the forum is that even if the other Techs can't tell you what is wrong, they can start ideas and point you where to look. Many thanks