Thread: mp c8002 sc442

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts digicor's Avatar

mp c8002 sc442

okay is there a secret reset for this? i had a tech replace the ITB, (it had 992k on it) there was anomalies in the print ,,, anyway
    tech did the swap, attemted the LUBE process (2-696) it failed? tried again, it faied, went out of sevice mode to a sc442... we put the old ITB back it, same code, chnged the ITB riser lift motor.. same code, even tried sc 5810... lol
    no dice, changed the Controll board right behind the print swing out assembly.. no bueno same code.. what other board would comtroll this section?
    how can two ITBs have a bad riser lift sensor? dont think so,
    i have one more ITB from a 6502, i can swap the little prod on the back, it should fit right in and work, they are the same units essentially correct?
    please advise if there is something else? I have already oreder a replacement machine,(found one with 160kblk and 340k color for 1700) if we do fix this error the extra machine will still become handy when the fuser needs replacing and other such parts...
    thanks for any insight

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    mp c8002 sc442

Re: mp c8002 sc442

Could be the drawer connector or harness on the main frame.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Could be the drawer connector or harness on the main frame.
    you mean the LCt connection? or any or all drawers connections?

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    mp c8002 sc442

Quote Originally Posted by digicor View Post
    you mean the LCt connection? or any or all drawers connections?
    I mean the ITB slide out drawer.

i was thinkng it has to be bent? or cracked? this is to coincidental... its just like they say if it aint broke dont fix it... the harness must have just been working in place and when we removed the original ITB it must have damage it or fell apart, but i did investigate the harness, it doesnt look broken but that dose nt mean its not damaged.. thanks for the insight ill take a close look at that

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts
    mp c8002 sc442

Quote Originally Posted by digicor View Post
    okay is there a secret reset for this? i had a tech replace the ITB, (it had 992k on it) there was anomalies in the print ,,, anyway
    tech did the swap, attemted the LUBE process (2-696) it failed? tried again, it faied, went out of sevice mode to a sc442... we put the old ITB back it, same code, chnged the ITB riser lift motor.. same code, even tried sc 5810... lol
    no dice, changed the Controll board right behind the print swing out assembly.. no bueno same code.. what other board would comtroll this section?
    how can two ITBs have a bad riser lift sensor? dont think so,
    i have one more ITB from a 6502, i can swap the little prod on the back, it should fit right in and work, they are the same units essentially correct?
    please advise if there is something else? I have already oreder a replacement machine,(found one with 160kblk and 340k color for 1700) if we do fix this error the extra machine will still become handy when the fuser needs replacing and other such parts...
    thanks for any insight
    Common problem it's the lift motor gear cracked on rear of machine there is a rtb
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts
    mp c8002 sc442

Hope this helps
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

i have that, thank you, but i replaced that with a virtual new one,same trouble, i ordered a c8002 from a guy in Cali shipped with 160k blk 340kcolor on it,
    cust will pay to replace at cost, so right now there running c5502 (law firm) and getting by actually, the sc442 machine will turn into parts monster...lol
    thanks for all the insight to this ,