Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    mpc3003 firmware upgrade E57 & E53 & 'invalid data' errors.

Re: mpc3003 firmware upgrade E57 & E53 & 'invalid data' errors.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bbb View Post
    Ricoh mpc3003 ghost (repeating) image

Hoi,
    I have difficulties upgrading firmware on a mpc3003 again.
    My SD card (2 Gbite) is 100% ok, because there are no issues upgrading on other models (f.i. imc3000).
    I have used the 'romdata' folder (not the package) with 'mpc3001SPF' folder that contains the firmware, failed.
    So i tried via 'SP firmware' mode, also no good.
    Could it be that - when the firmware of the machine is at the same level as the firmware on the SD card - these errors occur?
    1) Format the SD CARD.
    2) place the romdata folder with .FWU folders in it and place it in the sd card slot in the device.
    3) If there are updated firmware already present in the device,it will inform and there is no other way as your updating process could need correction.
    4) As long as you are following the first 3 steps do not worry about any other folders present for firmware upgrade it will work. Please see the pic attached in my case.

Thank you for reading.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gift View Post
    Try reformat the card with a tool called panasonic sd card formatter (google it) and give it another shot.

And yes, you just put the fwu into the romdata folder. If it doesn't work try just the system/copy and engine firmware alone, huge version gaps might be an issue here.
    Plan C: use rfu files via web interface
    The Panasonic SD Card Format Utility is no longer available from Panasonic. Their website will redirect you SDcard.org. As I am retired and no longer have access to TSRC I don't know if Ricoh has a link of not. There are other utilities that will work. What I like is Mini Tools Partition Wizard. It will also allow you to partition the drive to a smaller size before formatting. If you have a machine that will only work with a 2GB or smaller SD card and all you have is a 16GB, no problem. It is free for personal use.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by satins View Post
    1) Format the SD CARD.
    2) place the romdata folder with .FWU folders in it and place it in the sd card slot in the device.
    3) If there are updated firmware already present in the device,it will inform and there is no other way as your updating process could need correction.
    4) As long as you are following the first 3 steps do not worry about any other folders present for firmware upgrade it will work. Please see the pic attached in my case.

Thank you for reading.
    My experience is that even though Ricoh says with newer models you can put more than one model on an SD card it is not recommended. The more product folders on a card, the longer it takes the MFP to search for compatible firmware and it could time out and error. Better to have the firmware for all the models you service on your laptop.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Thank you, gentlemen, for your help.
    I will update the firmware only with the .fwu files in romdata on the SD card.
    I will let you know the results.
    Might take a few days or so...
    Meanwhile, have a nice weekend!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    The Panasonic SD Card Format Utility is no longer available from Panasonic. Their website will redirect you SDcard.org. As I am retired and no longer have access to TSRC I don't know if Ricoh has a link of not. There are other utilities that will work. What I like is Mini Tools Partition Wizard. It will also allow you to partition the drive to a smaller size before formatting. If you have a machine that will only work with a 2GB or smaller SD card and all you have is a 16GB, no problem. It is free for personal use.
    Oh indeed... I have a copy of the Installer:

https://we.tl/t-bGPwkXbLYr

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I have put the data straight in the folder 'romdata' -> 'invalid data E24'.
    BUT
    I have checked the diagnostic page for newest firmware, and all the firmware is up to date -> i think that this error (E24) occurs because of that.
    When one item (f.i. engine) would have been older than the update, errors won't occur and the update would be executable.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

BUT
    I have checked the diagnostic page for newest firmware, and all the firmware is up to date -> i think that this error (E24) occurs because of that.
    When one item (f.i. engine) would have been older than the update, errors won't occur and the update would be executable.
    If you have the correct files in the romdata folder then your SD card is faulty.

You can update 10 year old factory firmware to the latest without any issues.

However you need to update the romdata modules before you update the package.

Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

BUT

Try one of the old postscript or printer/scanner or any other java card (from older models) which does not has any relative information related to Ricoh Mp C3003 or related series.
    Use the SD card, format it with windows utility ( right click and click format, usually takes 20 seconds).
    Copy the romdata with .fwu files and follow the process.
    In case the code pops up again, look toward the Printer controller for resolution.

worth a try!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by satins View Post
    Try one of the old postscript or printer/scanner or any other java card (from older models) which does not has any relative information related to Ricoh Mp C3003 or related series.
    Use the SD card, format it with windows utility ( right click and click format, usually takes 20 seconds).
    Copy the romdata with .fwu files and follow the process.
    In case the code pops up again, look toward the Printer controller for resolution.

worth a try!
    I forgot.
    The older SDCARD may turn useless.Sorry for missing that piece.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

BUT
    According to the service manual, E24 would be Card access error 1. Reinsert the SD card 2. Replace the SD card.