Question Ricoh Afcio SP C830dn prints but paper wont finish going thru

Hi Techs I really need your help!
    I have a Richo Afcio C830dn machine that has been converted to being used to print ceramic decals I fire in my kilns. I make porcelain memorial tiles for headstones. I recently set my machine up after several years in storage. Everything is working great except I cant get the 12x18 paper to finish ejecting from the machine so I am forced to open the right side of the machine, lift the levers labeled "C" on both sides of the inside of the machine, slide the imaging unit out about 3 inches and use a lite blue lever below the imaging units to manually remove each printed decal sheet one at a time. This shouldnt be happening as it usually just finishes printing and ejects from the machine on its own.

On my first attempt at printing a decal the machine sucked 3 sheets into itself at once, printed one decal, then got jammed. I followed the instructions on the screen which is what I described above. I realized I had to make some settings in the window for preparing to print to make the settings correct for 12x18 paper. That solved the problem of it working at all but now it wont fully eject the paper as described above.

Any suggestions?

Im thinking it has something to do with the imaging unit on the very top of the inside cover I open to remove jammed paper. That is the part that have levers labeled "C". The reason I think that is when I goto push the imaging unit back into the machine (it slid out 3 inches) the "C" lever on the front side of the machine is super loose and doesnt really work right. Im having to manually kind of adjust the direction the imaging unit goes back into the machine before locking the "C" levers back down. It still prints ok but doesnt eject the paper.

HELP!
    Stanman405

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh Afcio SP C830dn prints but paper wont finish going thru

Re: Ricoh Afcio SP C830dn prints but paper wont finish going thru

Quote Originally Posted by stanman405 View Post
    Hi Techs I really need your help!
    I have a Richo Afcio C830dn machine that has been converted to being used to print ceramic decals I fire in my kilns. I make porcelain memorial tiles for headstones. I recently set my machine up after several years in storage. Everything is working great except I cant get the 12x18 paper to finish ejecting from the machine so I am forced to open the right side of the machine, lift the levers labeled "C" on both sides of the inside of the machine, slide the imaging unit out about 3 inches and use a lite blue lever below the imaging units to manually remove each printed decal sheet one at a time. This shouldnt be happening as it usually just finishes printing and ejects from the machine on its own.

On my first attempt at printing a decal the machine sucked 3 sheets into itself at once, printed one decal, then got jammed. I followed the instructions on the screen which is what I described above. I realized I had to make some settings in the window for preparing to print to make the settings correct for 12x18 paper. That solved the problem of it working at all but now it wont fully eject the paper as described above.

Any suggestions?

Im thinking it has something to do with the imaging unit on the very top of the inside cover I open to remove jammed paper. That is the part that have levers labeled "C". The reason I think that is when I goto push the imaging unit back into the machine (it slid out 3 inches) the "C" lever on the front side of the machine is super loose and doesnt really work right. Im having to manually kind of adjust the direction the imaging unit goes back into the machine before locking the "C" levers back down. It still prints ok but doesnt eject the paper.

HELP!
    Stanman405

this is beyond your pay grade hire a tech... tooo many parts could be involved

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Agree, call a tech but will be expensive after been in storage for so long.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

[QUOTE=Phil B.;1700016]this is beyond your pay grade hire a tech... tooo many parts could be involved[/QUOTE

I reread three times, I could not understand anything, too much even for the translator .. LOL