Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts
    MP6000 SC551 + General Maintenance after a period of inactivity

Re: MP6000 SC551 + General Maintenance after a period of inactivity

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    You can check thermistor temps with sp 1106. This should tell you which one is bad.
    Looking at the picture of the fuser roller you would never get a true reading I've never seen a hot roller in that condition c/q would of been rubbish as well
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Hello again,

Quote Originally Posted by mga View Post
    Just rebuild hot roller, pressure roller, cleaning roller {pr}, Web & Web roller, bearings and thermistors etc check thermostats start there 1st then see what your copy quality is like
    The parts I ordered (hot roller, cleaning web, drum cleaning blade) finally arrived today and I fitted all of them except for the drum cleaning blade. Right off the bat, copy quality was great; there was a white streak on the first copy but the rest came out perfect. Very good density and decent halftones. I did not expect it to be this good.

Everything in general is in better condition than I initially expected, what I think I will replace preventatively are the hot roller bearings and the insulating sleeves as I don't know if they have ever been replaced before. The finisher (SR970) took a little convincing to get it to work (entrance guide was bent, along with the metal plates that attach to the back of the engine, must have happened during transport) but it wasn't anything I couldn't fix. Then the ADF started throwing J054s and J055s that didn't clear by blowing some compressed air on the sensors inside the unit, but the unit started miraculously working after a few unsuccessful tries.

It also threw a random SC551 while I was trying to clear a jam caused by the finisher's entrance guide, I will try and clean the contacts on the machine side as well. Maybe a firmware update could help as well? It reports running version 3.02 for system/copy.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    If you want to test it before you get the new web, use a piece of bare wire to tie the sensor arm back. If you are going to work on martinis in the future, order an extra web roll and carry it as car stock.
    I am not a tech . I just got this machine for a very low price for my shop knowing I could probably fix it for very little, which fortunately was true. Initial impressions are very good. From what I can tell, this engine design (Martini?) is also used on newer models of Ricoh B&W copiers? How many more copies are these machines designed for? I haven't found any relevant information regarding this anywhere.

Thank you for help, it is good to have it up and running!

Quote Originally Posted by orestesp View Post
    Hello again,

The parts I ordered (hot roller, cleaning web, drum cleaning blade) finally arrived today and I fitted all of them except for the drum cleaning blade. Right off the bat, copy quality was great; there was a white streak on the first copy but the rest came out perfect. Very good density and decent halftones. I did not expect it to be this good.

Everything in general is in better condition than I initially expected, what I think I will replace preventatively are the hot roller bearings and the insulating sleeves as I don't know if they have ever been replaced before. The finisher (SR970) took a little convincing to get it to work (entrance guide was bent, along with the metal plates that attach to the back of the engine, must have happened during transport) but it wasn't anything I couldn't fix. Then the ADF started throwing J054s and J055s that didn't clear by blowing some compressed air on the sensors inside the unit, but the unit started miraculously working after a few unsuccessful tries.

It also threw a random SC551 while I was trying to clear a jam caused by the finisher's entrance guide, I will try and clean the contacts on the machine side as well. Maybe a firmware update could help as well? It reports running version 3.02 for system/copy.

I am not a tech . I just got this machine for a very low price for my shop knowing I could probably fix it for very little, which fortunately was true. Initial impressions are very good. From what I can tell, this engine design (Martini?) is also used on newer models of Ricoh B&W copiers? How many more copies are these machines designed for? I haven't found any relevant information regarding this anywhere.

You should of fitted new thermistors then that code will go away also is it a oem hot roller
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

Looking at the picture of the fuser roller you would never get a true reading I've never seen a hot roller in that condition c/q would of been rubbish as well
    Don't actually need a precise reading. At cold (no heat because of the fuser code), a reading of "0" would indicate an open thermistor. A good thermistor will always indicate SOME heat, even if it is just room temperature. While running, the thermistors need to be reading within 10 degrees or so of each other, or a code occurs. I was simply trying to save him the time of actually metering the thermistors.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

You should of fitted new thermistors then that code will go away also is it a oem hot roller
    I checked the thermistors (SC551 refers to the ones that ride on the heat roller) both with the multimeter and through service mode, both of them had similar resistance (0.5 MΩ) and reported similar temperatures (ΔΤ of around 2 Celcius). I inspected them and they were clean and in good condition. I fitted a compatible roller as I didn't know if the machine would be any good and didn't want to throw out money on OEM parts in case it wasn't.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Hello again,

Document feeder clutch could've just been sticky, or one of the solenoids might have been stuck. There are a few sensors on that feeder that need to be blown out. The registration sensor is usually missed (lift up document feeder and it should be next to the white plate., It probably wouldn't hurt to clean the feed rollers and belt too.

Latest System firmware is at 3.08, so it probably wouldn't hurt to do an update. Might be some stuff in there for scanning and what not. If it works as intended though, and you don't have a need for scanning to email or folder, then i would just leave it.

SC551 - make sure that the connector for the thermistor is seated properly (end thermistor), or replace the connector for that thermistor, or replace the thermistor itself. cheap enough and easy.

We've had these machines go to 3 million+ copies.
    Omertà

I checked the thermistors (SC551 refers to the ones that ride on the heat roller) both with the multimeter and through service mode, both of them had similar resistance (0.5 MΩ) and reported similar temperatures (ΔΤ of around 2 Celcius). I inspected them and they were clean and in good condition. I fitted a compatible roller as I didn't know if the machine would be any good and didn't want to throw out money on OEM parts in case it wasn't.
    Trust me fit the thermistors they are cheap also the quality of the cheaper none oem roller the quality is not the same and don't last as long
    Regards Mark

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    Document feeder clutch could've just been sticky, or one of the solenoids might have been stuck. There are a few sensors on that feeder that need to be blown out. The registration sensor is usually missed (lift up document feeder and it should be next to the white plate., It probably wouldn't hurt to clean the feed rollers and belt too.

Latest System firmware is at 3.08, so it probably wouldn't hurt to do an update. Might be some stuff in there for scanning and what not. If it works as intended though, and you don't have a need for scanning to email or folder, then i would just leave it.

SC551 - make sure that the connector for the thermistor is seated properly (end thermistor), or replace the connector for that thermistor, or replace the thermistor itself. cheap enough and easy.

We've had these machines go to 3 million+ copies.
    I use FTP for scanning, so if there aren't any improvements on the copying or printing side of things, I won't risk it. I just saw a few threads that mentioned that a FW update could help alleviate random SC551s popping up.

Thank you for the info.

Trust me fit the thermistors they are cheap also the quality of the cheaper none oem roller the quality is not the same and don't last as long
    I agree that the non OEM hot roller isn't as good as the OEM one, but it was cheap (20 euros) while the original costed 5 times as much. The machine was sold as is and I had no access to its service records (nor could I go and inspect it for myself because it was 300 km away). All I had was a few photos of its exterior and a screen with a SC550. I just fitted an non OEM part because for all I knew it didn't work at all. If it fails early or whenever it fails I'll probably replace it with a genuine part.

As for the thermistor, is AW100132 the one I need if I am not mistaken?

Thank you.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I use FTP for scanning, so if there aren't any improvements on the copying or printing side of things, I won't risk it. I just saw a few threads that mentioned that a FW update could help alleviate random SC551s popping up.

Thank you for the info.

I agree that the non OEM hot roller isn't as good as the OEM one, but it was cheap (20 euros) while the original costed 5 times as much. The machine was sold as is and I had no access to its service records (nor could I go and inspect it for myself because it was 300 km away). All I had was a few photos of its exterior and a screen with a SC550. I just fitted an non OEM part because for all I knew it didn't work at all. If it fails early or whenever it fails I'll probably replace it with a genuine part.

As for the thermistor, is AW100132 the one I need if I am not mistaken?

Thank you.
    I see nothing in the firmware history for that model that addresses SC551's. Maybe on the later models. So, I would say you're fine not updating.

And, Yes! AW100132 is the part you want.
    Omertà

Retired 10,000+ Posts

From what I can tell, this engine design (Martini?) is also used on newer models of Ricoh B&W copiers? How many more copies are these machines designed for? I haven't found any relevant information regarding this anywhere.

The Martini goes back to earlier models as well. Same basic frame, similar paper path. Minor mechanical improvements with each new model. Major electronics improvements and additions. I have had them in the teacher's resource centers at high schools go over 5M.