Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP6000 SC551 + General Maintenance after a period of inactivity

Re: MP6000 SC551 + General Maintenance after a period of inactivity

Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    I see nothing in the firmware history for that model that addresses SC551's. Maybe on the later models. So, I would say you're fine not updating.

And, Yes! AW100132 is the part you want.
    I usually replace both thermistors as a set. The other thermistor would be AW1000131. While you're at it check that the thermistor leads are not pulled too tight against any metal edge as there was a bulletin out on that causing intermittent leakage to ground. When that bulletin came out I actually found one of the leads for t he middle thermistor pinched under the bracket for the rear thermistor.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Hi again,

I will be replacing the developer - it seems that the PM counters had been reset without actually replacing the parts. After a couple of thousand of prints (~5k) the machine is full with toner, again. Density is acceptable. I took everything apart again to clean it and turns out the filter for the drum's cleaning unit was missing - which explains why the bypass tray was so dirty when I first got the machine.

I have ordered all the seals for the DV/Drum unit. Most of them still hold, but I'd rather replace them and be done with them. I will be rebuilding the charge corona.

While replacing the DV, I know that the 8mm DV bushing should be replaced preventatively else if developer starts leaking from the back of the unit, then it's done for. Do I need to replace all 4 of the 8mm bushings (P/N: B065 3069), or just a pair of them? Do I also need to replace the 4mm bushings (P/N: B070 3115)? Every how many thousands of prints should these be replaced, preventatively?

Is there anything else that I should replace so as to keep the machine tidy and to minimize toner dust getting everywhere (apart from the filters that the machine uses)?

Finally, what grease should be used to lubricate the insulating sleeves? Would a heat resistant grease from the hardware store work? I know the manual recommends some barrierta grease but I can't find it locally and from what I've seen, it's insanely expensive (250 euro for some 70 grams of it).

Thanks.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

While working on the development unit check that the Filter Plate PN B065 3108 is in place on top of the development filter. If not it will blown toner haze out the top of the development unit. The filter plate is intended to hold the filter in place.

As for a grease for the fusing unit, I don't know the current price but Ricoh-USA used to sell a 3 oz tube for just under $90.00. I did some checking around and found that Super Lube synthetic grease with PTFE work fine for about $6.00 at Harbor Freight or Lowe's. Or search it online. There is also a thread on here somewhere from a while back that discussed high temperature greases. Alternative to lubricants indicated for ricoh pro8120s