MPC3000 Print Volume Limitation

Good day all,
    im from Malaysia & this is my very 1st thread posting. Please apologise if i have done any mistakes here.
    i would like to collect some ideas or an opinion from experts here regarding PRINT VOLUME LIMITATION.
    BRAND RICOH MPC3000,
    my question is, is it any way to limit the volume annually and separated by color and b&w?
    im planning to limit the MPC3000 print/copy (b&w) to 10k and (color) to 2k copies annually.. which is user can print/copy as long didnt reach the limit. is it any possible way to make it happen? or maybe any other models like 02 or 03 series can fullfill my crazy wishes?
    i might set a basic auth or user code. the color & b&w will separated by code or id. (im create 2 user which is Color &B&W) but the problem is, user can accidentally print b&w using COLOR ID..
    furthermore there will be a huge messy in driver to switch between COLOR IDand B&W ID..
    thanks in advanve & sorry for my poor languange..

im wondering, is it possible to set PCU (K) LIFE to 10k pages and PCU (CMY) LIFE to 2k pages which will replaced the volume limitation..🤔😆😆

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: MPC3000 Print Volume Limitation

Quote Originally Posted by sanee9493 View Post
    Good day all,
    im from Malaysia & this is my very 1st thread posting. Please apologise if i have done any mistakes here.
    i would like to collect some ideas or an opinion from experts here regarding PRINT VOLUME LIMITATION.
    BRAND RICOH MPC3000,
    my question is, is it any way to limit the volume annually and separated by color and b&w?
    im planning to limit the MPC3000 print/copy (b&w) to 10k and (color) to 2k copies annually.. which is user can print/copy as long didnt reach the limit. is it any possible way to make it happen? or maybe any other models like 02 or 03 series can fullfill my crazy wishes?
    i might set a basic auth or user code. the color & b&w will separated by code or id. (im create 2 user which is Color &B&W) but the problem is, user can accidentally print b&w using COLOR ID..
    furthermore there will be a huge messy in driver to switch between COLOR IDand B&W ID..

im wondering, is it possible to set PCU (K) LIFE to 10k pages and PCU (CMY) LIFE to 2k pages which will replaced the volume limitation..🤔😆😆
    I don't think there is a print limit on this series, at least with the drivers available online, I think the only way is with an external key counter.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Good day all,
    BRAND RICOH MPC3000,

Welcome to our site!

If you set up user codes you can set a limit for each user for colour & mono you can also set a limit so once reached printing/copying will stop.

Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Retired 10,000+ Posts

With older models like the MP C3000 you could only limit what functions a user could access. They did not allow limiting how many pages a user could print/copy. However there was a JAVA app release in November 2009 called User-Account_Limit_v1.1. It will require that the machine already has VM Card Type C installed. If your C3000 already has Extended Features, JAVA, installed or you scan get VM Card Type C, PM me with an email address and I can send you User-Account_Limit_v1.1.

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post

Welcome to our site!

If you set up user codes you can set a limit for each user for colour & mono you can also set a limit so once reached printing/copying will stop.

Appreciate for the reply, yea i have been thinking about this 'user code'. But the issue (as i know) is user has to manually keyed in before printing and delete the code after done using. If not they will keep printing under the code account without notice. Lets say they are now using "color code" to print color and later forgot to delete the code in printer driver, can it be set to something like an auto log out?
    The only solution i can find (think) is installing 2 drivers with same model and I.P. Address at a desktop but each driver using different codes (mono & color).. is it possible?

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    With older models like the MP C3000 you could only limit what functions a user could access. They did not allow limiting how many pages a user could print/copy. However there was a JAVA app release in November 2009 called User-Account_Limit_v1.1. It will require that the machine already has VM Card Type C installed. If your C3000 already has Extended Features, JAVA, installed or you scan get VM Card Type C, PM me with an email address and I can send you User-Account_Limit_v1.1.

Thanks for your help & kindness.. at this point, i have to try whatever option that available.. let me try the VM Card.. will PM u..

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

Appreciate for the reply, yea i have been thinking about this 'user code'. But the issue (as i know) is user has to manually keyed in before printing and delete the code after done using. If not they will keep printing under the code account without notice. Lets say they are now using "color code" to print color and later forgot to delete the code in printer driver, can it be set to something like an auto log out?
    The only solution i can find (think) is installing 2 drivers with same model and I.P. Address at a desktop but each driver using different codes (mono & color).. is it possible?
    You can use the print driver editor to have a pop up window for the user code each time someone wants to print
    Printer Driver Packager NX | Support & Downloads | Global | Ricoh
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Debs1964 View Post
    You can use the print driver editor to have a pop up window for the user code each time someone wants to print
    Printer Driver Packager NX | Support & Downloads | Global | Ricoh
    PDPNX at 466MB download size is rather bulky compared to the older Print Driver Editor. Ricoh no longer offers it but you can still get it from Softpedia, only 23.2MB Download Printer Driver Editor 1.0.1.2

Now admittedly PDE will not do anywhere near as many things as PDPNX but if I don't need those extra features, I still use PDE.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    PDPNX at 466MB download size is rather bulky compared to the older Print Driver Editor. Ricoh no longer offers it but you can still get it from Softpedia, only 23.2MB Download Printer Driver Editor 1.0.1.2

Now admittedly PDE will not do anywhere near as many things as PDPNX but if I don't need those extra features, I still use PDE.
    I, also, preferred the old editor, but I lost my copy of it years ago. PDPNX is fine once you get your head round it
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Debs1964 View Post
    I, also, preferred the old editor, but I lost my copy of it years ago. PDPNX is fine once you get your head round it
    I know what you mean.