Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Drum Unit MPC3004 vs MPC4504

Hi Guys, I'm currently on leave and write in behalf of a colleage who failed to install a cmy mpc3004 drum unit in to a mpc4504 cmy - from my memory I'd tell it's the same unit but you needed to change the wax bar pressure if you put it in the faster models. Beside's that I recall no reason why it won't fit...

My parts guy says the parts number for 4504 and above is not the same than 3004/3504 so I'm a bit confused now^^

Any insides or a tip I can forward to fit the mpc3004 drum unit wich is also cheaper btw. - that's why I hesitate to put it back in the shelf and ordering the pricey alternative.

Thanks

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Re: Drum Unit MPC3004 vs MPC4504

Quote Originally Posted by Gift View Post
    Hi Guys, I'm currently on leave and write in behalf of a colleage who failed to install a cmy mpc3004 drum unit in to a mpc4504 cmy - from my memory I'd tell it's the same unit but you needed to change the wax bar pressure if you put it in the faster models. Beside's that I recall no reason why it won't fit...

My parts guy says the parts number for 4504 and above is not the same than 3004/3504 so I'm a bit confused now^^

Any insides or a tip I can forward to fit the mpc3004 drum unit wich is also cheaper btw. - that's why I hesitate to put it back in the shelf and ordering the pricey alternative.

Thanks
    What part number PCU is he using?

C3004 CMY PCU is: D2392279

C4504 CMY PCU is: D2422245
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    What part number PCU is he using?

C3004 CMY PCU is: D2392279

C4504 CMY PCU is: D2422245
    It's the D239 drum unit

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Thanks
    i have never tried on this model, but i think if you completely disassemble all the new parts, and put them back on the old frame, it should work, (wax bar permitting)
    those of the 4504, I seem to remember that they all have in front of that sort of agitator with two white gears, which instead in the 3004 is only on black
    p.s. your avatar is too nice

lol ciao & thanks^^

Yeah I ended up to give my permission to order the "correct" drum units (I think it's round about an additional 100€/unit) and asked for the old parts so I can have a closer look on them when I find the time. I was also quite shure that I was able to convert SPC840 PCUs for use in mpc3004 and that printer does based on the MPc4504-6004 engine iirc. Guess I have to look in to that circus again, unfortunately I have plenty other stuff on my hands these days.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

lol ciao & thanks^^

Yeah I ended up to give my permission to order the "correct" drum units (I think it's round about an additional 100€/unit) and asked for the old parts so I can have a closer look on them when I find the time. I was also quite shure that I was able to convert SPC840 PCUs for use in mpc3004 and that printer does based on the MPc4504-6004 engine iirc. Guess I have to look in to that circus again, unfortunately I have plenty other stuff on my hands these days.
    Yes I know what you mean having time to research these issues takes time.

For example the IMC range the complete PCDU is pretty cheap so I was wondering if they can be converted to fit the xx03 or xx04 series.

Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Interesting thought - I haven't checked the prices for the IMC PCUs so far because there was no need to order one but I try and have a look when we pre-install the next IMC in our workshop. What I noticed so far is that the fuser is pretty affordable.

Whats the deal with the agitator drive gears on the black dev unit? I assume the machine will run without these, as the previous dev units did not have them.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

THE SPC842 is 60ppm and the spc840 at 45ppm so they should work excluding the swapping of the TD sensor.