Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: MP7502sp and 6002sp - large white line problem

Quote Originally Posted by Codex View Post
    Ciao Gigi, ho avuto questo problema da parecchi clienti questa settimana, il problema è causato da un aggiornamento Windows, e ci dovrebbe gia essere una patch da scaricare da Windows Update, nel frattempo potresti usare un Pcl6 V4. 4 Universal print driver, con questo il problema si risolve.

Hello Gigi, i had the same problem at several customers this week, the problem is caused by a Windows update, there is a patch for this on Windows update, you can temporarily use a Pcl6 V4. 4 Universal print driver.

The problem occurs only if you print Jpeg files

Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk
    Eh sì, ho già fatto l'update e il problema della schermata blu - che avveniva solo col driver pcl 5e - è risolto, e attualmente sono forzato a usare il driver che dici, e per carità, funziona, ma purtroppo le stampe sono terribilmente lente, e ciò in un negozio in cui rallentare significa causare code che nemmeno all'ufficio postale il giorno del ritiro della pensione, è un grosso problema. Speriamo si riesca a trovare una soluzione.

I have already done the update and the blue screen problem - which happened only with the pcl 5e driver - is solved, and currently I am forced to use the pcl6 v4 universal print driver, luckily it works, but unfortunately the prints are terribly slow, and that in a shop where slowing down means causing queues that not even at the post office, is a big problem. I hope a solution can be found to solve this problem as well.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MP7502sp and 6001sp - large white line problem

Re: MP7502sp and 6001sp - large white line problem

Hi Gigi,

Unfortunately I don't have a solution to your problem, but I hope this saves you from future trouble.

I have set all of the computers that work is being done on in my shop to get the least amount of updates as possible, there used to be an option under Settings>Update & Security>Windows Update for Windows to not install feature updates as soon as they are available. My computers mostly install small, security updates frequently and only the large semi-annual updates, well, semi-annually.

It may be luck, but I haven't had an issue with any drivers or software breaking so far. It could be worth checking out if you can still change the update frequency so Windows doesn't install an update as soon as it is released, since it can cause issues. If you install them after they've been out for a while, usually most of the issues are fixed before they are applied to your machine.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by orestesp View Post
    Hi Gigi,

Unfortunately I don't have a solution to your problem, but I hope this saves you from future trouble.

I have set all of the computers that work is being done on in my shop to get the least amount of updates as possible, there used to be an option under Settings>Update & Security>Windows Update for Windows to not install feature updates as soon as they are available. My computers mostly install small, security updates frequently and only the large semi-annual updates, well, semi-annually.

It may be luck, but I haven't had an issue with any drivers or software breaking so far. It could be worth checking out if you can still change the update frequency so Windows doesn't install an update as soon as it is released, since it can cause issues. If you install them after they've been out for a while, usually most of the issues are fixed before they are applied to your machine.
    I believe that option is still available with Windows 10 Professional but not for Home edition.

Technical Support 100+ Posts Juggy's Avatar

Hi, just go thru the below link. Image defects are also caused by Microsoft update. They are coming out with patch to solve this.

Windows 10 printer glitches: Microsoft issues second out-of-band patch | ZDNet
    Regards

Juggy

Sent from my LLD-AL10 using Tapatalk

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Codex's Avatar

Microsoft released the patch for this problem. You can download it here: Microsoft Update Catalog

Tried yesterday and it works.

Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk
    Memento Audere Semper

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

You just have to unninstall the windows update KB5000809, KB5000822, KB5000808, KB5000802, depending of the W10 version you have.
    If you have KB5001567, you have to unninstall it first to see the update from above and unninstall it.
    Good Luck!