Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    Bari
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    MP7502sp and 6002sp - large white line problem

    Hi, my name is Gigi, I write from Italy. In my copy shop I have three printers, two Aficio MP7502sp and one Aficio 6002sp, and both at the end of last week started giving me a problem, which occurs when printing images, regardless of the PC from which the command is given. Both of the PCs we use have Windows 10 installed and updated to the latest version.


    Basically when we print images, it makes us an empty white line in the center, of a non-fixed width, which varies according to the image that is printed, and we are forced to convert them to pdf to prevent this from happening.


    The problem seemed to have been solved by installing the "pcl6 v4 for universal print" driver, but we realized that it was printing very slowly, so we tried the "pcl 5e" driver, but it started giving us blue screens every time we opened the print menu, and we later discovered that they were caused by a Windows update, of which a fix came out, which we installed, and fortunately it no longer displays the blue screen, only that with the "pcl 5e" driver it gives us again the white line, ditto with the "postscript" driver


    Unfortunately, printing with the “pcl 6 v4 for universal print” driver causes us serious productivity problems, as the prints are terribly slow.


    How can we solve the problem? Thanks in advance and have a nice day.
    Last edited by g1g1; 03-17-2021 at 10:06 PM.

  2. #2
    Technical Support 50+ Posts Juggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Gaborone
    Posts
    98
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: MP7502sp and 6001sp - large white line problem

    Hi, The pcl5e bringing blue screen is due to recent window update. Have a look at this link
    Windows 10 update is causing havoc with some printers | TechRadar
    Some of my customers using pcl 5e have reported same.


    Sent from my LLD-AL10 using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    Bari
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: MP7502sp and 6001sp - large white line problem

    Hi Juggy, thanks for reply

    I solved that problem updating W10, but now I'm still forced to use PCL6 v4 driver, that makes my printer really slow, and it destroy my productivity. If i use pcl 6 or 5e driver, i get a large white line in the middle when i print an image.

  4. #4
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts mramlawi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    812
    Rep Power
    29

    Re: MP7502sp and 6001sp - large white line problem

    Hi,
    Also today 3 different clients called md have same problem, on bizhub machine and canon, i told him. Its a windows problem but still didnt find solution.
    Distinguished road makes you jewel in rough

  5. #5
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts luca72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Milano, Italia
    Posts
    397
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: MP7502sp and 6001sp - large white line problem

    Quote Originally Posted by g1g1 View Post
    Hi, my name is Gigi, I write from Italy. In my copy shop I have three printers, two Aficio MP7502sp and one Aficio 6002sp, and both at the end of last week started giving me a problem, which occurs when printing images, regardless of the PC from which the command is given. Both of the PCs we use have Windows 10 installed and updated to the latest version.


    Basically when we print images, it makes us an empty white line in the center, of a non-fixed width, which varies according to the image that is printed, and we are forced to convert them to pdf to prevent this from happening.


    The problem seemed to have been solved by installing the "pcl6 v4 for universal print" driver, but we realized that it was printing very slowly, so we tried the "pcl 5e" driver, but it started giving us blue screens every time we opened the print menu, and we later discovered that they were caused by a Windows update, of which a fix came out, which we installed, and fortunately it no longer displays the blue screen, only that with the "pcl 5e" driver it gives us again the white line, ditto with the "postscript" driver


    Unfortunately, printing with the “pcl 6 v4 for universal print” driver causes us serious productivity problems, as the prints are terribly slow.


    How can we solve the problem? Thanks in advance and have a nice day.

    "Caro Gigi di Bari", to me however, as I read "thick white line" I don't know why? it will be professional deformation, I was reminded of the corona wire cleaner motor that is enchanted around the course ... then I don't know ... LOL

  6. #6
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    MP7502sp and 6001sp - large white line problem

    GIUBOSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Roma
    Posts
    621
    Rep Power
    42

    Re: MP7502sp and 6001sp - large white line problem

    what kind of communication port are you using? I recommend a fixed ip address, no wsd, do the latest firmware updates, use pcl6 and for the white lines problem send us a print photo from pc, one with the printer configuration from the user tools.
    it could also be lint in the developer unit stopping the toner in the magnetic roller

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    Bari
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: MP7502sp and 6001sp - large white line problem

    Quote Originally Posted by GIUBOSS View Post
    what kind of communication port are you using? I recommend a fixed ip address, no wsd, do the latest firmware updates, use pcl6 and for the white lines problem send us a print photo from pc, one with the printer configuration from the user tools.
    it could also be lint in the developer unit stopping the toner in the magnetic roller
    The printers are installed via network, and has a fixed ip address. I tried pcl6 driver but it gives me same problem as pcl 5e.

    The fact that all the printers suddenly started to have problems on Saturday makes me think that it is due to the famous update that caused the blue screen, which however was solved with a fix two days ago, while the problem of the thick white line remained.


    Since Saturday I am also having problems with color printers (two Aficio MPC2500s), which when I print pdfs, sometimes they pull me out sheets full of nonsense alphanumeric codes.


    I'll try to do a system restore and / or maybe update the firmware on all printers, but I'll have to find the files.

    Quote Originally Posted by luca72 View Post



    "Caro Gigi di Bari", to me however, as I read "thick white line" I don't know why? it will be professional deformation, I was reminded of the corona wire cleaner motor that is enchanted around the course ... then I don't know ... LOL
    Ciao Luca da Milano
    It doesn't happen when i do normal copies or print pdf.

  8. #8
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Gravesend, Kent
    Posts
    1,596
    Rep Power
    63

    Re: MP7502sp and 6001sp - large white line problem

    I've had several customers complaining about white band when printing, it only happens when printing JPegs, I have advised them all to uninstall the latest windows update, although, I believe, Microsoft have now brought out some hotfixes. The latest windows update has caused no end of issues with printing
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

  9. #9
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Codex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sicily
    Posts
    522
    Rep Power
    33

    Re: MP7502sp and 6002sp - large white line problem

    Ciao Gigi, ho avuto questo problema da parecchi clienti questa settimana, il problema č causato da un aggiornamento Windows, e ci dovrebbe gia essere una patch da scaricare da Windows Update, nel frattempo potresti usare un Pcl6 V4. 4 Universal print driver, con questo il problema si risolve.

    Hello Gigi, i had the same problem at several customers this week, the problem is caused by a Windows update, there is a patch for this on Windows update, you can temporarily use a Pcl6 V4. 4 Universal print driver.

    The problem occurs only if you print Jpeg files

    Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk
    Memento Audere Semper

  10. #10
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    MP7502sp and 6001sp - large white line problem

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    14,238
    Rep Power
    376

    Re: MP7502sp and 6002sp - large white line problem

    Quote Originally Posted by Codex View Post
    Ciao Gigi, ho avuto questo problema da parecchi clienti questa settimana, il problema č causato da un aggiornamento Windows, e ci dovrebbe gia essere una patch da scaricare da Windows Update, nel frattempo potresti usare un Pcl6 V4. 4 Universal print driver, con questo il problema si risolve.

    Hello Gigi, i had the same problem at several customers this week, the problem is caused by a Windows update, there is a patch for this on Windows update, you can temporarily use a Pcl6 V4. 4 Universal print driver.

    The problem occurs only if you print Jpeg files

    Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk
    Good ol' Billy Gates.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here