Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: MP501 VOID Area

  1. #1
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    MP501 VOID Area

    sandmanmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Toronto, ON (Originally Nova Scotia)
    Posts
    3,371
    Rep Power
    121

    MP501 VOID Area

    Hi All.
    I don't normally post problems prior to visiting the customer to assess. I try and resolve the issue myself first, but I have very little experience with these boxes and frankly there doesn't seem to be much discussion in the forum about them either.

    Customer has sent me the attached picture showing quite a wide void running the length of the page for any type of output. (The background that appears on the sample is not part of the problem as far as I'm aware).

    The machine has about 80K on it. It has not displayed any recent SC codes as far as I know.

    It could end up being something silly, like an obstruction of some sort, but I just thought I'd reach out in advance in case there is any history on it.

    Thanks!
    MP501 sample.pdf

  2. #2
    Retired 10,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    15,305
    Rep Power
    424

    Re: MP501 VOID Area

    Toner cartridge dumping toner on the laser shield glass. Or a pile of toner on the opening of the PCU that the laser scans through.

  3. #3
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    MP501 VOID Area

    sandmanmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Toronto, ON (Originally Nova Scotia)
    Posts
    3,371
    Rep Power
    121

    Re: MP501 VOID Area

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Toner cartridge dumping toner on the laser shield glass. Or a pile of toner on the opening of the PCU that the laser scans through.
    Thanks Tim.
    Yes, I'm thinking its a collection of toner somewhere myself. I neglected to mention that he did own up to using compressed air that seemed to resolve it for a time. I hate it when people do that!

    I'm thinking (1) the issue wasn't this bad before and (2) he loosened up a bunch of dust and toner and then the fans circulated it around the laser shield glass, (or something like that) and made the situation much worse.

    Either way, I feel like it should be fairly straight forward

  4. #4
    Retired 10,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    15,305
    Rep Power
    424

    Re: MP501 VOID Area

    Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    Thanks Tim.
    Yes, I'm thinking its a collection of toner somewhere myself. I neglected to mention that he did own up to using compressed air that seemed to resolve it for a time. I hate it when people do that!

    I'm thinking (1) the issue wasn't this bad before and (2) he loosened up a bunch of dust and toner and then the fans circulated it around the laser shield glass, (or something like that) and made the situation much worse.

    Either way, I feel like it should be fairly straight forward
    Provided the compressed air didn't force toner/dust inside the laser housing.

  5. #5
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    MP501 VOID Area

    sandmanmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Toronto, ON (Originally Nova Scotia)
    Posts
    3,371
    Rep Power
    121

    Thumbs up Re: MP501 VOID Area

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Provided the compressed air didn't force toner/dust inside the laser housing.
    Agreed!
    I've looked into the laser removal procedure on it and am not too anxious to get involved in that if I can help it

  6. #6
    Retired 10,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    15,305
    Rep Power
    424

    Re: MP501 VOID Area

    Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    Agreed!
    I've looked into the laser removal procedure on it and am not too anxious to get involved in that if I can help it
    If it is anything like the previous models, that paper receiving tray is a bitch, both getting it off and putting it back on. There were a model or two where you had to remove it in order to disconnect the fusing unit from the power supply in order to PM the fusing unit.

  7. #7
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    MP501 VOID Area

    sandmanmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Toronto, ON (Originally Nova Scotia)
    Posts
    3,371
    Rep Power
    121

    Re: MP501 VOID Area

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    If it is anything like the previous models, that paper receiving tray is a bitch, both getting it off and putting it back on. There were a model or two where you had to remove it in order to disconnect the fusing unit from the power supply in order to PM the fusing unit.
    I think you're thinking about the mp201/ 301's. I know what you mean, but I actually do a lot of those, and it's pretty easy now.
    In this case you have to remove the entire scanner assembly and Op panel (I think) in order to remove the exit tray, and access the laser, that's why I'm REALLY hoping he didn't go too crazy with air can

  8. #8
    Technician
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Fresno, CA
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: MP501 VOID Area

    Ive seen this before. Check the drum unit, and charge roller. The cleaning blade for the drum has something stuck and is wiping the toner from the drum. When i had this happen to my customer, i took the drum apart, (I know you're not supposed to on these units), but i found a label stuck between the blade and drum.

  9. #9
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts luca72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Milano, Italia
    Posts
    408
    Rep Power
    18

    Re: MP501 VOID Area

    Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    Hi All.
    I don't normally post problems prior to visiting the customer to assess. I try and resolve the issue myself first, but I have very little experience with these boxes and frankly there doesn't seem to be much discussion in the forum about them either.

    Customer has sent me the attached picture showing quite a wide void running the length of the page for any type of output. (The background that appears on the sample is not part of the problem as far as I'm aware).

    The machine has about 80K on it. It has not displayed any recent SC codes as far as I know.

    It could end up being something silly, like an obstruction of some sort, but I just thought I'd reach out in advance in case there is any history on it.

    Thanks!
    MP501 sample.pdf
    so at first glance, there seems to be a toner or developer leak that has accumulated in front of the laser slot on the pcdu,
    then, if you say the customer blew in it, anything could have happened

  10. #10
    Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts
    MP501 VOID Area

    mga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    london
    Posts
    1,297
    Rep Power
    123

    Re: MP501 VOID Area

    Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    Hi All.
    I don't normally post problems prior to visiting the customer to assess. I try and resolve the issue myself first, but I have very little experience with these boxes and frankly there doesn't seem to be much discussion in the forum about them either.

    Customer has sent me the attached picture showing quite a wide void running the length of the page for any type of output. (The background that appears on the sample is not part of the problem as far as I'm aware).

    The machine has about 80K on it. It has not displayed any recent SC codes as far as I know.

    It could end up being something silly, like an obstruction of some sort, but I just thought I'd reach out in advance in case there is any history on it.

    Thanks!
    MP501 sample.pdf
    Remember these is a Kyocera machine could be toner on laser glass or dev assy check mag roller good luck sandy

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here