Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Sticky originals

Sticky originals

Hey, I hope all is well with everyone. Here is my fu$#ed up situation this week. I have some c4502's and 6002's in a law office, been there for years. The past few months I have received calls about DF jams, and I would clean and test, problem resolved. Or not. Apparently a stack of their legal documents would misfeed (multi sheet feed) when scanning, not always but enough to cause major issues. These packets that are jamming have come from a HP printer , and they stick together horribly. We (as in me and the customer) tested a variety of originals in the machine, and one thing became abundantly clear. The issue was with the HP printed documents only. Df sensors and rubber have been replaced on all the machines, and they work well. Except for the sticky hp printed originals. Slowing things down by setting the df to auto detect the size of each original, and run the problem DF originals short edge feed is the next, AND ONLY step I can think of. If anyone has run into this sticky situation before, I would love to hear your thoughts on the matter. Thanks.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Sticky originals

Re: Sticky originals

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    Hey, I hope all is well with everyone. Here is my fu$#ed up situation this week. I have some c4502's and 6002's in a law office, been there for years. The past few months I have received calls about DF jams, and I would clean and test, problem resolved. Or not. Apparently a stack of their legal documents would misfeed (multi sheet feed) when scanning, not always but enough to cause major issues. These packets that are jamming have come from a HP printer , and they stick together horribly. We (as in me and the customer) tested a variety of originals in the machine, and one thing became abundantly clear. The issue was with the HP printed documents only. Df sensors and rubber have been replaced on all the machines, and they work well. Except for the sticky hp printed originals. Slowing things down by setting the df to auto detect the size of each original, and run the problem DF originals short edge feed is the next, AND ONLY step I can think of. If anyone has run into this sticky situation before, I would love to hear your thoughts on the matter. Thanks.
    did you also replace the separation roller pad?
    check and add a little silicone grease also to the unidirectional gears

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Sticky originals

Quote Originally Posted by GIUBOSS View Post
    did you also replace the separation roller pad?
    check and add a little silicone grease also to the unidirectional gears
    New reverse rollers, yes. One ways in the primary feed shaft have been cleaned. Again, all originals tried work fine except for the HP printed ones.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

not original HP toner, check it out!

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Sticky originals

Cool Re: Sticky originals

Turn this round onto the customer. It is the HP at fault not your Ricoh. Show them the Ricohs feeding plain paper OK then show them the HP prints jamming in the DF.

Then suggest they try different paper in the HP.

Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

as Giuboss says, a pad can be added in front of the sep roller. (there is also a bulletin that now I do not have on hand), however we had this problem (j063) if I remember correctly, on a mp6503, I changed the spdf with another machine without saying anything to the customer, and what it was picked up mounted in another office on another 6503, morale, the new spdf had the same problem as the one picked, and his instead in the other office worked fine, in the end I decided to slow it down

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Sticky originals

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Turn this round onto the customer. It is the HP at fault not your Ricoh. Show them the Ricohs feeding plain paper OK then show them the HP prints jamming in the DF.

Then suggest they try different paper in the HP.

I already showed the staff, and they participated in the testing. You ever notice the look on some peoples face as they are trying to grasp a concept and not succeeding? Some of that going around.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Sticky originals

I went ahead and ordered the little pads, and the mylar mod mentioned in the bulletin. Thanks for the responses, tech warriors.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Sticky originals

I already showed the staff, and they participated in the testing. You ever notice the look on some peoples face as they are trying to grasp a concept and not succeeding? Some of that going around.

Yes, all the time, I feel your pain!
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts
    Sticky originals

When I ever have any df problems I just always replace oem pick up roller, feed belt, belt roller {with bearing} reverse roller and limiter strip down df to get to all sensors blow out completely. If its multi feeding also check to gear on shaft for reverse roller they split good luck
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com