Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    52
    Rep Power
    0

    Ricoh MPC3502 Strange Strips when Copy from mirror and ADF

    Hello !
    I have one MPC3502 that went to customer 2 weeks ago , was working perfectly , was totally clean inclusive mirrors , low mileage , firmware updated now is doing the following strips on COPY only , when printing is fine ...
    I didnt went to customer yet but looking for some feedback yours ...
    Regards
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MPC3502 Strange Strips when Copy from mirror and ADF

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    14,125
    Rep Power
    370

    Re: Ricoh MPC3502 Strange Strips when Copy from mirror and ADF

    Quote Originally Posted by fadsamniote View Post
    Hello !
    I have one MPC3502 that went to customer 2 weeks ago , was working perfectly , was totally clean inclusive mirrors , low mileage , firmware updated now is doing the following strips on COPY only , when printing is fine ...
    I didnt went to customer yet but looking for some feedback yours ...
    Regards
    dirty scan glass. clean it copiers 101

  3. #3
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    52
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Ricoh MPC3502 Strange Strips when Copy from mirror and ADF

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    dirty scan glass. clean it copiers 101
    M

    Has I said , I cleaned all mirrors and glass from Scanner Unit allready

  4. #4
    Retired 10,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    14,942
    Rep Power
    410

    Re: Ricoh MPC3502 Strange Strips when Copy from mirror and ADF

    Dirt somewhere in the projection path during power on white reference scan. Clean all the optics and then run ACC in user tools.

  5. #5
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MPC3502 Strange Strips when Copy from mirror and ADF

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    14,125
    Rep Power
    370

    Re: Ricoh MPC3502 Strange Strips when Copy from mirror and ADF

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Dirt somewhere in the projection path during power on white reference scan. Clean all the optics and then run ACC in user tools.
    but but but HE cleaned the optics a week or two ago! LOL

  6. #6
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Ricoh MPC3502 Strange Strips when Copy from mirror and ADF


    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Bogota
    Posts
    92
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Ricoh MPC3502 Strange Strips when Copy from mirror and ADF

    reconnect the Adf, perhaps the cable is loose due to having moved the machine and they pulled the cable, loosening a bit. if not yet, reconnect the internal connectors inside..ccd etc.

  7. #7
    Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MPC3502 Strange Strips when Copy from mirror and ADF

    mga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    london
    Posts
    1,240
    Rep Power
    121

    Re: Ricoh MPC3502 Strange Strips when Copy from mirror and ADF

    Quote Originally Posted by fadsamniote View Post
    Hello !
    I have one MPC3502 that went to customer 2 weeks ago , was working perfectly , was totally clean inclusive mirrors , low mileage , firmware updated now is doing the following strips on COPY only , when printing is fine ...
    I didnt went to customer yet but looking for some feedback yours ...
    Regards
    If machine been moved could of pushed down on scanner assy try pulling up front left corner of scanner assy also try clearing copier application in nvram

  8. #8
    Technician
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: Ricoh MPC3502 Strange Strips when Copy from mirror and ADF

    It surely does not looks like a cleaning issue as it has a definite pattern of lines.
    It seems like a communication issues between data transfer between ADF and IPU/SBU.
    To resolve this you should try disconnecting harnesses between with in adf and then between ADF and IPU.
    Harness/IPU is often the issue in these conditions.

  9. #9
    Retired 10,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    14,942
    Rep Power
    410

    Re: Ricoh MPC3502 Strange Strips when Copy from mirror and ADF

    Quote Originally Posted by satins View Post
    It surely does not looks like a cleaning issue as it has a definite pattern of lines.
    It seems like a communication issues between data transfer between ADF and IPU/SBU.
    To resolve this you should try disconnecting harnesses between with in adf and then between ADF and IPU.
    Harness/IPU is often the issue in these conditions.
    It is exactly what I have seen in the past from dust getting between the top of the exposure glass and the white reference on the bottom of the left scale. As a result the white reference becomes varying shades of gray and the IPU then adjusts the grayscale so that those shades of gray on an original become white on the copies.

    White reference scanning is done every time the machine is turned on.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here