Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MPC2051 jam code J064

Re: Ricoh MPC2051 jam code J064

Quote Originally Posted by anothertech View Post
    Has anyone really met him in person? He might just be a computer bot!
    How many here at CTN have you met personally?
    OR you can check out my profile on fakebook Philip Brink.
    I use the same Gmail addy there also.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    How many here at CTN have you met personally?
    OR you can check out my profile on fakebook Philip Brink.
    I use the same Gmail addy there also.

Lol, that's exactly what a bot would say, hahaha

ah just kidding, all in good fun.🤣

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GIUBOSS View Post
    do not put regular grease, rather a drizzle of oil (silicone), otherwise it will soon cause the same problem
    lately I have switched from grease to copper (there is a risk that if it goes on the pants it won't go away) to the ceramic one, even on the fuser bushings, I'm getting excellent results
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by luca72 View Post
    lately I have switched from grease to copper (there is a risk that if it goes on the pants it won't go away) to the ceramic one, even on the fuser bushings, I'm getting excellent results
    Is this the same stuff that is advised to cover outside of engine injectors with when replacing them?
    I read in the Ricoh manual that they advise the use of a grease on the fusing unit that must be made of 50 percent gold dust and the reimainder of platina and silver and some other exotic elements.
    It is Barrierta S 552R.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteinarN View Post
    Is this the same stuff that is advised to cover outside of engine injectors with when replacing them?
    I read in the Ricoh manual that they advise the use of a grease on the fusing unit that must be made of 50 percent gold dust and the reimainder of platina and silver and some other exotic elements.
    It is Barrierta S 552R.

look, maybe I didn't quite understand your question (?) however, if you mean that special oil that you put on, when you replace the camshaft and the engine head tappets, it's not that, what you mean is an oil of synthesis...the Ricoh Grease cost like cocaine..lol...this cost 11 euro

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by luca72 View Post
    look, maybe I didn't quite understand your question (?) however, if you mean that special oil that you put on, when you replace the camshaft and the engine head tappets, it's not that, what you mean is an oil of synthesis...the Ricoh Grease cost like cocaine..lol...this cost 11 euro
    I think I wrote my post a bit confusing.
    The Barrierta/cocaine/whaterverstuff, yes, that is expensive.

But my question was about your ceramic grease, I think that is the same grease as that which was included with my replacement injectors, at least that grease also said ceramic on it's label. I have some of it still in my garage.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

I think I wrote my post a bit confusing.
    The Barrierta/cocaine/whaterverstuff, yes, that is expensive.

But my question was about your ceramic grease, I think that is the same grease as that which was included with my replacement injectors, at least that grease also said ceramic on it's label. I have some of it still in my garage.
    Is that the compound that you use on the threads to protect from damage while threading into the head and then acts as a thread sealing compound similar to the Teflon, white lead and other compounds used by plumbers?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Is that the compound that you use on the threads to protect from damage while threading into the head and then acts as a thread sealing compound similar to the Teflon, white lead and other compounds used by plumbers?
    No. The ceramic grease that was included with my replacement injector was for covering the outside of the injectors. There is no threads there, they are held down by a clamp and a bolt. When the seal at the bottom of the hole for the injectors are leaking the small space/clearing in the hole where the injectors sit gets filled with a black, solid stuff effectively gluing the injector in place so much so that they can become almost impossible to extract.
    I suppose the ceramic grease makes the black goo not glue so hard to the injector so it will be much easier to extract an injector where the seal have been leaking.

However I can imagine that grease could be beneficial to use on the threads of old style low pressure injectors that screw in place, and on the threads of glow plugs. The injectors I have replaced using that ceramic grease is high pressure, type common rail injectors.

Edit:
    What you say about protecting against thread damage, that could very well be the case that it could be used as such. But that was not the main reason for the use with common rail injectors. And I dont think that grease would have much of a thread sealing properties.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

No. The ceramic grease that was included with my replacement injector was for covering the outside of the injectors. There is no threads there, they are held down by a clamp and a bolt. When the seal at the bottom of the hole for the injectors are leaking the small space/clearing in the hole where the injectors sit gets filled with a black, solid stuff effectively gluing the injector in place so much so that they can become almost impossible to extract.
    I suppose the ceramic grease makes the black goo not glue so hard to the injector so it will be much easier to extract an injector where the seal have been leaking.

However I can imagine that grease could be beneficial to use on the threads of old style low pressure injectors that screw in place, and on the threads of glow plugs. The injectors I have replaced using that ceramic grease is high pressure, type common rail injectors.

Edit:
    What you say about protecting against thread damage, that could very well be the case that it could be used as such. But that was not the main reason for the use with common rail injectors. And I dont think that grease would have much of a thread sealing properties.
    Injectors? wtf

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    Injectors? wtf

This thread has meandered a little.