Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Ricoh MPC2051 jam code J064

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Static tests of sensors often show them as apparent working but they fail dynamically when paper is passing through. This frequently true of sensors located above the fusing unit and is caused by prolonged exposure to heat. Sensors are not that expensive compared to hours of knocking your head against the walk,
    Thank you!
    I was going to ask how likely it could be that sensors indicated correctly when testing them statically like this but would be intermittently faulty under real use.

However, when doing more testing now I can clearly hear a grinding noice from the exit unit just before the machine stops, say a grinding noice for one sec and then the machine stops. I think I can see the paper speed slowing down for that second too, but I am not completely sure about that. I will take out the exit unit and have a closer look at it.
    Anything spesific I should look for in that unit?

Regarding time, I am single, no woman or family to spend time on. I do this because it is interesting with all sorts of technical equipment, and I have the time. As I said, it is a challenge

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MPC2051 jam code J064

Quote Originally Posted by SteinarN View Post
    Thank you!
    I was going to ask how likely it could be that sensors indicated correctly when testing them statically like this but would be intermittently faulty under real use.

However, when doing more testing now I can clearly hear a grinding noice from the exit unit just before the machine stops, say a grinding noice for one sec and then the machine stops. I think I can see the paper speed slowing down for that second too, but I am not completely sure about that. I will take out the exit unit and have a closer look at it.
    Anything spesific I should look for in that unit?

Regarding time, I am single, no woman or family to spend time on. I do this because it is interesting with all sorts of technical equipment, and I have the time. As I said, it is a challenge
    I was talking about billable time that you could be charging another customer.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    I was talking about billable time that you could be charging another customer.
    That would be a customer with a Carrier transport refrigeration unit That is my proper business.
    But on my free time.... Need to do something

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I took the fuser unit and disected it...
    The black drum had a thick layer of toner (I think) residue on one end. I got that cleaned up fairly ok. Cleaned where it should be cleaned acording to the SM. And put it together.
    But the gears are still very very worn.

Am still trying to figure out where the grinding noice might come from...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

The black drum had a thick layer of toner (I think) residue on one end. I got that cleaned up fairly ok. Cleaned where it should be cleaned acording to the SM. And put it together.

Gears worn and you don't think that could be a problem?
    Even rookie techs don't make that ASSUMPTION

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

See the photos I think the noise comes from the fusing roller or the film (red), attention the problem is inside where there is another metal roller has a painted surface (you will notice worn) and a lubricating felt that you will find broken down unevenly distributed along the support.
    Are you 100% sure it won't jam during normal printing? Be careful, correct reassembly is not easy.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    Gears worn and you don't think that could be a problem?
    Even rookie techs don't make that ASSUMPTION

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    I have absolutely not assumed that would not be a problem. I talked about the very worn gears in a previous post. I dont know why they are that worn with the low page count though. I consider ordering a new fuser unit.

I have tested more, also with A3.
    What I find is that the paper is short of clearing the inverter sensor by only about 10mm, both with A4 and A3 paper. There is still this grinding noice the last one or half a second before the machine stops.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GIUBOSS View Post
    See the photos I think the noise comes from the fusing roller or the film (red), attention the problem is inside where there is another metal roller has a painted surface (you will notice worn) and a lubricating felt that you will find broken down unevenly distributed along the support.
    Are you 100% sure it won't jam during normal printing? Be careful, correct reassembly is not easy.
    I have already reassembled and tested.
    One sided printing is no problem at all. I will study the manual further, and testing.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

I have absolutely not assumed that would not be a problem. I talked about the very worn gears in a previous post. I dont know why they are that worn with the low page count though. I consider ordering a new fuser unit.

I have tested more, also with A3.
    What I find is that the paper is short of clearing the inverter sensor by only about 10mm, both with A4 and A3 paper. There is still this grinding noice the last one or half a second before the machine stops.
    10mm sounds about right for the hysteresis delay of a sensor failing from excessive heat stress. As for the grinding noise you might want to check the clutches involved in the reversal of the rollers in the inverter section.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Normal printout tested on A3. Very good print quality, razor sharp. Pic have low quality because of file size, real printout is better.
    Attached Images Attached Images