Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Re: Ricoh MPC2051 jam code J064

Quote Originally Posted by SteinarN View Post
    hi, I took a look at your smc:
    then, apart from an error sc670 engine (which should be investigated) immediately before j064, I see that everything started with a j059 (fus.exit sens.) and a j024 (junction gate sensor) which then stabilized on j064, at this point if you don't want to waste a week behind that machine, you have to do as I do, go there, and bring you: a complete paper exit, a fuser (you never know?), and all the complete duplex unit from another machine... for me is the paper exit unit..this is only exit solution, if unfortunately you don't have another machine to cannebalize, they are cocks, friend (c.i.t. predator) .. LOL

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MPC2051 jam code J064

Quote Originally Posted by luca72 View Post
    hi, I took a look at your smc:
    then, apart from an error sc670 engine (which should be investigated) immediately before j064, I see that everything started with a j059 (fus.exit sens.) and a j024 (junction gate sensor) which then stabilized on j064, at this point if you don't want to waste a week behind that machine, you have to do as I do, go there, and bring you: a complete paper exit, a fuser (you never know?), and all the complete duplex unit from another machine... for me is the paper exit unit..this is only exit solution, if unfortunately you don't have another machine to cannebalize, they are cocks, friend (c.i.t. predator) .. LOL
    I guess you could shotgun it if you have a donor machine, or you could troubleshoot the machine and order the most likely culprit.

Did you run the motors in SP mode?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I did rune the inverter and exit motors in SP mode just now, both ways, different speeds. No strange noice or other findings.
    I also had the exit unit out again, cleaned the rollers, but they looked clean beforehand. Everything turns smooth.

Regarding 670, I am fairly sure that code was triggered by me, two times i think. Something like this:
    Leaving the machine with some door open until it went into power save mode, possibly with a jam code active and/or waking the machine in this configuration or some combination of those states.

It is correct that the machine stopped one or two times where I had to pull out paper from further down in the machine. None of that paper was in fact jammed/wrinkled or damaged in any way, the machine had just stopped, the same as it does now.

I had a closer look at the manual just now. I have previously mentioned that the 064 code dont really make sense as the paper is in fact not jammed and the paper is still in front of the exit sensor, the 064 code seems to mean that the machine dont like that the paper still is in front of that sensor. There is another code, 024 which say the exit sensor do not detect paper. And I dont get this code.
    My reasoning is as follow: If the sensor was faulty and didnt detect paper I should get 024. For me to get 064 one should think that the paper had to be physically jammed or the rubber slipping or something grabbing the paper or the axles not turning, faulty gears etc. But none of this is happening, the exit unit seems very good. And further the peculiarity that A3 SEF is twice the length of A4 LEF and they both stop at 10mm short of clearing the sensor, consistently, to the mm. And when the feed/print speed is lower due to dpi setting the 10mm increase to ca 30mm. Very strange indeed.
    Last edited by SteinarN; 04-07-2021 at 10:18 PM. Reason: A4 SEF>A4 LEF

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Are you sure the gates are flipping so that the paper is directed to the correct paper path?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

One thing more I tested yesterday, I cut a A4 15mm off of the short edge and feed it SEF. I went through double sided. If I cut off only 10mm, it was the same error except it now was almost clearing the sensor.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anothertech View Post
    Are you sure the gates are flipping so that the paper is directed to the correct paper path?
    100 percent sure, look at my pictures in post #54

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Now I am embarrased, like REALLY embarrased....

I got the machine working, but I am not absolutely sure I found the fault, but maybe, and if so, that's the reason for my embarrassment.

I didnt have more normal weight A4 paper so I put in 90g/m2 paper. I had made a setting in printer properties window for this paper, but I also had A3 normal weight in the other tray. Two different paper weights seems to be difficult to configure in the printer properties window even though the machine was configured for Driver/command in paper setting and not machine setting for paper setting. I have now changed to machine setting in the paper settings and put in the correct paper weight both for my A3 and A4 paper directly in the machine (via WIM). I can now print double sided on both A3 and A4. But I need to know the paper weight and select it manually in the printer window when I print out, if the settings for example is left at normal weight from the last print and I select A4/automatic tray, the print dont start because the machine has no tray with A4 normal weight.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SteinarN View Post
    Now I am embarrased, like REALLY embarrased....

I got the machine working, but I am not absolutely sure I found the fault, but maybe, and if so, that's the reason for my embarrassment.

I didnt have more normal weight A4 paper so I put in 90g/m2 paper. I had made a setting in printer properties window for this paper, but I also had A3 normal weight in the other tray. Two different paper weights seems to be difficult to configure in the printer properties window even though the machine was configured for Driver/command in paper setting and not machine setting for paper setting. I have now changed to machine setting in the paper settings and put in the correct paper weight both for my A3 and A4 paper directly in the machine (via WIM). I can now print double sided on both A3 and A4. But I need to know the paper weight and select it manually in the printer window when I print out, if the settings for example is left at normal weight from the last print and I select A4/automatic tray, the print dont start because the machine has no tray with A4 normal weight.
    Most software should allow you to select the paper size and type for each page of the document. Format - Page

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Just to clarify, I had put in 90grm paper a couple days ago, when my problems started. And tonight I configured my machine properly with the correct paper weight settings.
    Are printers really that sensitive, that they run into trouble if the paper weight are just slightly off like this?
    Normal weight like I suspect it was configured during this ordeal is defined as up to 81grm on this machine. The A4 paper I have put in it is marked as 90grm.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

New update.
    I seems it is not just the paper setting that makes a difference, but also how I configure various settings in the printout dialogue window even if the end result for what the machine should print out is identical, like A4, which tray, what type of paper etc. For example, if i maually select the correct paper tray or if I let the machine automatically select the correct tray (the only tray with A4 paper for example). In one instance the 064 code stops the printout, in the other instance it prints out sucessfully.
    As a note, I am using the RICOH PCL6 UniversalDriver V4.31.

More details to follow.