Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MPC2051 jam code J064

Re: Ricoh MPC2051 jam code J064

Quote Originally Posted by SteinarN View Post
    New update.
    I seems it is not just the paper setting that makes a difference, but also how I configure various settings in the printout dialogue window even if the end result for what the machine should print out is identical, like A4, which tray, what type of paper etc. For example, if i maually select the correct paper tray or if I let the machine automatically select the correct tray (the only tray with A4 paper for example). In one instance the 064 code stops the printout, in the other instance it prints out sucessfully.
    As a note, I am using the RICOH PCL6 UniversalDriver V4.31.

More details to follow.
    I would avoid the use of universal drivers unless you are pooling different makes and models of printers.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    There was another model that had a similar problem with roller shafts in the exit section above the fusing unit. It would seize in the bushing and not turn thus rounding out the inside of the gear/pulley on the shaft. What you are seeing on the shaft is a type of lacquer left when the oil from the bushing gets cooked by the heat from the fuser. You might want to boil the bushing in silicon oil. This will open the pores of the bushing and allow the oil to be absorbed.
    Wow good idea, boil the bushing in silicon oil. I never thought of that.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Making the metal of a bushing porous so it can contain some oil is a known idea from long ago. Usually such bushings is made of bronze, sometimes brass, sometimes cast iron. The colour of the bushings in the exit unit led me to believe they are made of bronze, which is an alloy of copper and tin. Brass is an alloy of copper and zink. I should have tested with a file as bronze is much harder than brass. The way you make such parts is to press metal powder which the part is to be made of into a die where the pressure and temperature you press it with determines the porosity. It is possible to achieve porosities up to around 20 percent. But at high porosities the part becomes weaker.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Making the metal of a bushing porous so it can contain some oil is a known idea from long ago. Usually such bushings is made of bronze, sometimes brass, sometimes cast iron. The colour of the bushings in the exit unit led me to believe they are made of bronze, which is an alloy of copper and tin. Brass is an alloy of copper and zink. I should have tested with a file as bronze is much harder than brass. The way you make such parts is to press metal powder which the part is to be made of into a die where the pressure and temperature you press it with determines the porosity. It is possible to achieve porosities up to around 20 percent. But at high porosities the part becomes weaker.
    Sintered bronze, brass and iron bushings use in copiers are made with a small amount of oil in them to begin with. Solid metal bushings are usually milled from solid rod and are usually milled over size and require a nylon, Teflon or delron insert. I have also seen bushings milled entirely from delron rods.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Sintered bronze, brass and iron bushings use in copiers are made with a small amount of oil in them to begin with. Solid metal bushings are usually milled from solid rod and are usually milled over size and require a nylon, Teflon or delron insert. I have also seen bushings milled entirely from delron rods.

Dude, how the hell do you know this? Do you just sitting around reading all day?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I had to dissect the machine agin, I felt an irresistible urge to know the exact processor in it
    The processor is the lower part of the two missing it's heat sink.

It's an Intel Celeron at a paltry 600MHz with 512KB kache. 130nm process node, launched in 2003, so it was already an old (and cheap) part when this printer was launched in 2011.
    It contains just 77 million transistors, compared to modern desktop processors containing around 10 billion transistors.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    Dude, how the hell do you know this? Do you just sitting around reading all day?
    Isn't that somewhat basic knowledge?

Isn't that somewhat basic knowledge?

Slim does this to me quite often. He pulls some information out of nowhere and leaves me wondering how he obtained this information. He's very well rounded.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    Slim does this to me quite often. He pulls some information out of nowhere and leaves me wondering how he obtained this information. He's very well rounded.
    Now you sounds like you're suggesting he has obtained that information in some illegal way

Now you sounds like you're suggesting he has obtained that information in some illegal way

Or maybe he isn't human? He could be from another planet that is beyond our intelligence. Yeah, that's what I'm gong with.