Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Ricoh MPC2051 jam code J064

Hi,
    this is my very first post here. I found this forum when searching for information on my newly acquired Ricoh MPC2051 machine.
    The machine have only produced about 130k printouts, so it shouldnt be too worn. It is produced around jun 2013.
    However I have run into a problem today, namely paper jam code J064 when printing double sided only. The paper does stop repeatedly when it is almost into the "turn tray?" between printing the first and second side. There is however no real paper jam, it seems like the machine just thinks there is a jam. I think I can see the sensor responsible for this code, the sensor is clean.

What can the problem be?

Steinar

It seems like I cant upload pictures yet?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Ricoh MPC2051 jam code J064

I read this in another forum,

"Check the assembly at the top of the right door. It gets brittle from the fuser heat and pieces start breaking, either the fingers on the gates or the assembly that the gates are attached to. The assembly can also become warped form the heat."

and

"I found the problem and it was bushings binding up for the roller closest to the sensor. Cleaned those up and it is working fine."

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SteinarN View Post
    Hi,
    this is my very first post here. I found this forum when searching for information on my newly acquired Ricoh MPC2051 machine.
    The machine have only produced about 130k printouts, so it shouldnt be too worn. It is produced around jun 2013.
    However I have run into a problem today, namely paper jam code J064 when printing double sided only. The paper does stop repeatedly when it is almost into the "turn tray?" between printing the first and second side. There is however no real paper jam, it seems like the machine just thinks there is a jam. I think I can see the sensor responsible for this code, the sensor is clean.
    What can the problem be? Steinar It seems like I cant upload pictures yet?
    that's a pretty low page count ... a lot of times the seller will wipe the page counts but not do a proper total refurb

sounds like a sensor flag is out of place or the sensor has failed.

what are the condition of the rollers before the jam?

are there any nicks or tears on the pages?

what is the life counts on service parts?

are there any other errors in the error logs?

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anothertech View Post
    I read this in another forum,

"Check the assembly at the top of the right door. It gets brittle from the fuser heat and pieces start breaking, either the fingers on the gates or the assembly that the gates are attached to. The assembly can also become warped form the heat."

and

"I found the problem and it was bushings binding up for the roller closest to the sensor. Cleaned those up and it is working fine."
    +1
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I got the machine for free from the small accounting business where I take care of their local computers. They bought the machine in 2015. I dont know who used it the first two years.
    All plastic parts in the area where the paper stops looks good. Rollers looks good as far as I can tell.
    At closer look I can see two sensors in the area, one directly below the passage for the output tray and the other a bit further up at the passage for the "turn" tray. When looking at the graphic at the display when I get the error code it seems to point to the sensor driectly below the output tray, does this sounds correct for this code?

I attach a pic showing what I believe is the two sensors.

Go into I/O in service mode and check each sensor. If you don't know how to do that then you cannot really troubleshoot the machine. Sometimes the sensor is bad, other times the gates are not actuating, that causes the paper to take the wrong path.

I got the machine for free from the small accounting business where I take care of their local computers. They bought the machine in 2015. I dont know who used it the first two years.
    All plastic parts in the area where the paper stops looks good. Rollers looks good as far as I can tell.
    At closer look I can see two sensors in the area, one directly below the passage for the output tray and the other a bit further up at the passage for the "turn" tray. When looking at the graphic at the display when I get the error code it seems to point to the sensor driectly below the output tray, does this sounds correct for this code?

I attach a pic showing what I believe is the two sensors.
    1) check that the torsion spring of the pawl of the duplex gate is not in the wrong position, 2) lubricate the one-way gears in the duplex, 3) clean all the rubber rollers, 4) if the fuser unit is above the PM counter it can cause problems

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I dont know how to go into I/O mode. I do think I have the service manual on a computer in the office where I got the macine. And I will buy the latest firmware including the manual from copier tech this coming week.

I have removed more covers so I can watch exactly what happens. The problem is the motor for the output tray do stop, it stops exactly at the same moment as I get the error code. So it seems like the machine think the paper has jammed when it in fact have not jammed. The motor with its axles/rollers turn all fine and smoth when turning by hand when the hot fusion? unit is disconnected. This unit is driven by the gear in the picture attached. The gear seems to be a bit worn. This unit has quite a bit resistance when turned while in the operating position.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GIUBOSS View Post
    1) check that the torsion spring of the pawl of the duplex gate is not in the wrong position, 2) lubricate the one-way gears in the duplex, 3) clean all the rubber rollers, 4) if the fuser unit is above the PM counter it can cause problems
    I am sorry, I dont know the components you mention, I am not familiar with the names of the various components of printers in general.

There is a one way clutch at the output unit, it slips smothly in the one direction and locks in the other direction. The rubber rollers looks very good, they do not slip. But I can try to clean them, what cleaning agent should I use?
    "pawl of the duplex gate", sorry, I am not familiar with those names. But there is a tiny torsion spring on the axle for the movable fingers on the output unit, this spring must be in the correct position as far as I can figure out. The paper do go in the correct path.

Your number 4 question, am sorry again, I dont know what it means. What is the PM counter?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

I am sorry, I dont know the components you mention, I am not familiar with the names of the various components of printers in general.

There is a one way clutch at the output unit, it slips smothly in the one direction and locks in the other direction. The rubber rollers looks very good, they do not slip. But I can try to clean them, what cleaning agent should I use?
    "pawl of the duplex gate", sorry, I am not familiar with those names. But there is a tiny torsion spring on the axle for the movable fingers on the output unit, this spring must be in the correct position as far as I can figure out. The paper do go in the correct path.

Your number 4 question, am sorry again, I dont know what it means. What is the PM counter?
    PM counter.

Preventative Maintenance.
    Service parts that show end of life.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk