Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Ricoh MPC2051 jam code J064

Quote Originally Posted by luca72 View Post
    you have to clean the sensors inside the exit unit, (not the one in the photo)do this: remove the internal removable tray, the ideal would be to take the group down, but too thin to explain, at least remove the blue lid where the paper comes out, take a can of air, and blow well the two sensors that are there in the middle of the black plastic where there are the two black flags, use a light
    I can only find two optical sensors in the output unit, the inverter sensor and the fuser exit sensor, both of which are visible above the fuser unit.
    I have removed the output feed unit, I cant see anything obvious with it, axles turns very smooth, plastic is like pristine, one way clutch operates very smooth too.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GIUBOSS View Post
    Have you overhauled the output rubber rollers? Try to slightly increase the pressure of the springs of the white rollers, I do it in case of very old rollers (if the oven unit is definitely working) Then keep in mind that worn gears in the fuser and the fuser itself plays an essential role in the recovery of the sheet . Remove the fuser unit and rotate the fuser rollers by hand in both directions.
    Probably the fuser unit has come to fruit
    No, have not done any work on any rollers. But they look very good.
    But the fuser unit does definitely not look good, I dont know why it is so much worn after only 130K prints. Very worn gears in the fuser unit. See my previous post where I took it completely apart.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anothertech View Post
    Run the motors in I/O mode to see if you can determine if they are trying to turn something that is binding up.
    I will try that.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteinarN View Post
    I can only find two optical sensors in the output unit, the inverter sensor and the fuser exit sensor, both of which are visible above the fuser unit.
    I have removed the output feed unit, I cant see anything obvious with it, axles turns very smooth, plastic is like pristine, one way clutch operates very smooth too.
    is the one shown in the photo, which usually breaks the balls
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

That is the exit sensor. But in my case the paper doesnt pass that sensor, it goes to the inverter tray, as it should, and then the machine stops.
    I did have a look at that sensor when I had the assembly at my desk, the sensor moved freely at least. But I can have a look manually in SP and try to actuate this sensor.
    Last edited by SteinarN; 04-06-2021 at 03:55 PM. Reason: output tray sensor>exit sensor

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I checked in SP. This sensor senses when I put a paper in the exit sensor path from the fuser side, repeatedly, seems ok. On a note, this is a mechanical sensor, dont know how the mecanical position of the sensor is made into an electrical signal though, if it is magnetic maybe. The other two are electro-optical sensors.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Just a thought, if I have an hour I could let go to waste....

Hook up my test equipment to the wires of the inverter sensor and read the signals from the sensor in real time when I do a double sided printout

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MPC2051 jam code J064

in a little over 1 day, there are 5 pages of suggestions, seems to me if you hired a TRAINED tech your problem would have been fixed by now.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

@Phil, this is not a problem, it is a challenge

Anyway, I have measured the output of the sensor.
    The left wire in the pic is ground, the right wire is 5V supply, the middle wire is signal which get a 5V voltage supplied from the control board via a high value resistor, say 10Kohm. With sensor disconnected the signal wire is high (about 5V), the same as no paper. With sensor connected the signal wire is high until something is closer than about 20mm in front of the sensor. The signal then goes low. So, the sensor put out either high (5V) or low (0,1V) signal, nothing inbetween. So the control board do not need to interpret an analog signal, the output is digital high/low.
    Regarding putting out high, what the sensor do when high signal (no paper) is that it does nothing, it just lets the 5V in the signal wire stay like that, when paper is sensed the sensor grounds the signal wire pulling the voltage in that wire down to close to zero V.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteinarN View Post
    I checked in SP. This sensor senses when I put a paper in the exit sensor path from the fuser side, repeatedly, seems ok. On a note, this is a mechanical sensor, dont know how the mecanical position of the sensor is made into an electrical signal though, if it is magnetic maybe. The other two are electro-optical sensors.
    it could be "malfunctioning", from experience, it happened to me that it jammed 1 time, every 20 pages in F / R, that is, if you try in sp input, it seems to work, but in practice it doesn't work every now and then, try to clean too this one, it's on the duplex, behind the group with the gates, see where the shaft goes, and give it a good air blow
    Attached Files Attached Files