Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Re: Ricoh MPC2051 jam code J064

Quote Originally Posted by SteinarN View Post
    New update.
    I seems it is not just the paper setting that makes a difference, but also how I configure various settings in the printout dialogue window even if the end result for what the machine should print out is identical, like A4, which tray, what type of paper etc. For example, if i maually select the correct paper tray or if I let the machine automatically select the correct tray (the only tray with A4 paper for example). In one instance the 064 code stops the printout, in the other instance it prints out sucessfully.
    As a note, I am using the RICOH PCL6 UniversalDriver V4.31.

More details to follow.
    I advise you to do the tests with the smc, and not by printing tests from the PC, just to avoid other problems intervening to confuse the situation, you never know

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

It print double sided from smc all fine. Did a couple tests.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I hereby declare, officially, that you all are free to scold me as much as you possibly could want.

Pic of the exit unit added.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

I hereby declare, officially, that you all are free to scold me as much as you possibly could want.

the second photo, looks like a piece of the rudder of the titanic..LOL, so that was it? it looks like a wrong lubricant was used, I took one apart that I have here out of curiosity to see how it was tanned, it looks like new in comparison

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MPC2051 jam code J064

Thumbs up Re: Ricoh MPC2051 jam code J064

ok, as punishment you will make a contribution to the CTN instead of paying the technician .

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by luca72 View Post
    the second photo, looks like a piece of the rudder of the titanic..LOL, so that was it? it looks like a wrong lubricant was used, I took one apart that I have here out of curiosity to see how it was tanned, it looks like new in comparison
    It seems like this was it. Only that roller and that end was like this. There was some grooves in the axle, but not covering the full lenght of the bushing. I couldn't see any damage or wear inside the bushing after i cleaned that up.
    I lubricated with a itty bitty amount of grease and put it together. I also lubricated all the other bushings in the exit unit with a tiny amount of grease and carefully wiped off the excess after assembly.

The grinding noice I've heard from the exit unit was the inverter motor going to full speed when the paper trailing edge was exiting the fusor. At this point the offending axle are still in contacting the paper and that axle would be driven by the inverter motor via the pull on the paper at a high feed rate, while the offending axle itself would only be driven at a lower feed rate by it's motor, and thus the requirement for the clutch. But when that axle had too much friction the inverter axle/roller was slipping a bit and the paper would only be feed at the slower speed of the binding axle/motor and thus the paper trailing edge would pass the inverter sensor too late causing a triggering of 064.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GIUBOSS View Post
    ok, as punishment you will make a contribution to the CTN instead of paying the technician .
    I guess my options at the moment are somewhat limited...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

It seems like this was it. Only that roller and that end was like this. There was some grooves in the axle, but not covering the full lenght of the bushing. I couldn't see any damage or wear inside the bushing after i cleaned that up.
    I lubricated with a itty bitty amount of grease and put it together. I also lubricated all the other bushings in the exit unit with a tiny amount of grease and carefully wiped off the excess after assembly.

The grinding noice I've heard from the exit unit was the inverter motor going to full speed when the paper trailing edge was exiting the fusor. At this point the offending axle are still in contacting the paper and that axle would be driven by the inverter motor via the pull on the paper at a high feed rate, while the offending axle itself would only be driven at a lower feed rate by it's motor, and thus the requirement for the clutch. But when that axle had too much friction the inverter axle/roller was slipping a bit and the paper would only be feed at the slower speed of the binding axle/motor and thus the paper trailing edge would pass the inverter sensor too late causing a triggering of 064.
    do not put regular grease, rather a drizzle of oil (silicone), otherwise it will soon cause the same problem

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GIUBOSS View Post
    do not put regular grease, rather a drizzle of oil (silicone), otherwise it will soon cause the same problem
    Ok, but too late for now. But I can take it out again, I feel I am starting to get some experience removing the exit unit now

I do have some silicone stuff, midway between oil and grease in viskosity. So that is what I should have used, good to know.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

There was another model that had a similar problem with roller shafts in the exit section above the fusing unit. It would seize in the bushing and not turn thus rounding out the inside of the gear/pulley on the shaft. What you are seeing on the shaft is a type of lacquer left when the oil from the bushing gets cooked by the heat from the fuser. You might want to boil the bushing in silicon oil. This will open the pores of the bushing and allow the oil to be absorbed.