Ricoh Pro 8100 Paper Jam

HI,
    I have two Ricoh pro 8100, on one of them when I put paper with dimensions 320.00 x 230.00, the machine constantly jams paper in (E). I put the same type of paper with the same dimensions in all paper cassettes and paper jams again. If I use another paper format such as A4, A3, A5, B5 and others, the machine works without any problem. I put the same paper in the other machine, with the same defined dimensions and there is no problem with the quality or size of the paper, everything works perfectly. My guess is that this dimension for paper is not recognized by the machine and therefore after the paper has passed the oven and needs to be returned to the duplex then it throws it in the lower left corner (E) and no sheet can reach the finisher and get out of it.
    Does anyone have any ideas?
    Thank you.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh Pro 8100 Paper Jam

Re: Ricoh Pro 8100 Paper Jam

Jamming at E tells us nothing. What is the numerical jam number that is being displayed when the Pro 8100 stops. Area E is part of the duplex inverter so it could be a jam entering or exiting. The numeric code will tell us which. It is also used as a dump zone for when there is a jam in a down stream device. All sheets currently in the mainframe will be shunted into section E for easy removal.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Like slim said need the jam code to really help you out, that tells us what the machine is seeing.

You can try turning off temporarily the double feed paper diversion as well to help you troubleshoot. The machine defaults to sending all paper to the dump on the bottom left during a double feed condition if it can.

You could have a bit of paper that's stuck in the path that the sheet is hitting only when you run the 320mm paper. lots of places for ripped paper to hide on this box, I have seem a lot.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by sasopine View Post
    HI,
    I have two Ricoh pro 8100, on one of them when I put paper with dimensions 320.00 x 230.00, the machine constantly jams paper in (E). I put the same type of paper with the same dimensions in all paper cassettes and paper jams again. If I use another paper format such as A4, A3, A5, B5 and others, the machine works without any problem. I put the same paper in the other machine, with the same defined dimensions and there is no problem with the quality or size of the paper, everything works perfectly. My guess is that this dimension for paper is not recognized by the machine and therefore after the paper has passed the oven and needs to be returned to the duplex then it throws it in the lower left corner (E) and no sheet can reach the finisher and get out of it.
    Does anyone have any ideas?
    Thank you.
    Hi mate,

Have you manually entered the correct paper size in the device ? If you are using the paper catalog, you could create a new entry and then change the size to the dimensions of your stock. As everyone has said, a jam code would be useful. Cheers

Hello everyone, first of all thank you for your answers and suggestions. I will print a smc report tomorrow and I will see the exact numeric number of the jam. As for the paper library, I tried to include them that way the dimensions of the paper, I opened the catalog, entered the parameters of the paper, memorized it and then called the same type of paper, but again without success.
    Anyway, I'll see the correct numeric stuck number and write a post again.
    Thanks.

This is SMC Report for Ricoh Pro 8100
    Attached Files Attached Files

Technician
    Ricoh Pro 8100 Paper Jam

According to this none of your jams are actually caused by anything in the inverter/exit. Your last ten jams are all related to the LCT or shift unit which is in the right side of the drawer in registration. I would verify paper is set correctly in the paper library and sometimes you have to go into the settings of the paper and make adjustments for better feeding. Also ensure your CIS unit in the registration area is clean and free of paper dust, this can cause shift and skew jams.