Ricoh Mp Aficio 8001 not loading toner

Greetings, my name is Andres, I have a Ricoh mp 8001 copier, it doesnt load the toner, I have two and both have the same problem. Both have toner but they are not loading it, one of them is printing very clear. I force drum toner but doesnt work.
    Thanks.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Re: Ricoh Mp Aficio 8001 not loading toner

Things to check:
    Does the bottle have toner in it
    Has it been stored correctly to prevent clumping
    Is it Genuine Ricoh toner
    Is the bottle rotating
    Is the toner choke closed
    Are the dispensing holes on the bottom of the toner hopper clogged

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

Pull the development unit and rotate the coupler on the back of the toner supply assembly. If it won't turn easily, the toner has turned into a chunk. This is caused by dirty filters, or too hot of an environment. Once you verify toner supply is OK, go ahead and install fresh developer. Be sure and plug in the 2 connectors at the front once reinstalled, and then set developer.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    Pull the development unit and rotate the coupler on the back of the toner supply assembly. If it won't turn easily, the toner has turned into a chunk. This is caused by dirty filters, or too hot of an environment. Once you verify toner supply is OK, go ahead and install fresh developer. Be sure and plug in the 2 connectors at the front once reinstalled, and then set developer.
    This morning one of them worked and load toner, so I interchange the hopper unit to discard it, and didnt work, so I check the developer unit, and it work. So the probleme is in the developer unit, i check it but I didnt find anything wrong, I know the problem is in it, but I dont know exactky what is wrong... may be it run out of developer. I rotate the couppler and it turns normaly.

Before all of that when force toner suply it had a wired noise, and the toner bottle only spin ones and then a noise from the developer unit.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Camzlo View Post
    This morning one of them worked and load toner, so I interchange the hopper unit to discard it, and didnt work, so I check the developer unit, and it work. So the probleme is in the developer unit, i check it but I didnt find anything wrong, I know the problem is in it, but I dont know exactky what is wrong... may be it run out of developer. I rotate the couppler and it turns normaly.

Before all of that when force toner suply it had a wired noise, and the toner bottle only spin ones and then a noise from the developer unit.
    Just to sure your on the correct page, the hopper unit is not the swing out unit that the toner bottle sets on. That is the toner tray. The toner hopper is on top of the development unit and has part of the waste tone recycling system on top of it.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Just to sure your on the correct page, the hopper unit is not the swing out unit that the toner bottle sets on. That is the toner tray. The toner hopper is on top of the development unit and has part of the waste tone recycling system on top of it.
    Thank for the clarification , im not expert nor professional. Finaly I coud solve the problem, I check again and one of the coupler behind the unit was very hard, I manage to loosen it and now is working and loading toner. I have an other different problem, sometimes show stains, but I think its better to create new post with the different problem.

Thanks for helping me.

• GOOD AFTERNOON, I HAVE THE SAME
    • DEFECTIVE, ON
      THE RICOH 8001 FORCE TO COLOR AND THEN IT IS CLEAR ON THE PRINTS, WHICH ARE THESE COLLAPPERS YOU MENTIONED, THANK YOU MORE

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
    [/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fabiocanon View Post

• GOOD AFTERNOON, I HAVE THE SAME
    • DEFECTIVE, ON
      THE RICOH 8001 FORCE TO COLOR AND THEN IT IS CLEAR ON THE PRINTS, WHICH ARE THESE COLLAPPERS YOU MENTIONED, THANK YOU MORE

[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]
    The Ricoh Mp Aficio 8001 is not a color machine. Start a new thread.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Sounds to me like toner is crystallizing in toner hopper (overheat/high humidity condition) You may have only temporarily solved it. The real problem will bring it right back. Check the rear intake air filter, the filter left of the drum, and the left rear exhaust filters. Bet these are plugged. I don't recall if these have a developer fan also on the right side, check this for operation. If there is high humidity a dehumidifier may be recommended.
    I've proved mathematics wrong. 1 + 1 doesn't always equal 2.........

Especially when it comes to sex