Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Junior Member Camzlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    Bogota
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0

    Ricoh Mp Aficio 8001 not loading toner

    Greetings, my name is Andres, I have a Ricoh mp 8001 copier, it doesnt load the toner, I have two and both have the same problem. Both have toner but they are not loading it, one of them is printing very clear. I force drum toner but doesnt work.
    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Retired 10,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    14,092
    Rep Power
    374

    Re: Ricoh Mp Aficio 8001 not loading toner

    Things to check:
    Does the bottle have toner in it
    Has it been stored correctly to prevent clumping
    Is it Genuine Ricoh toner
    Is the bottle rotating
    Is the toner choke closed
    Are the dispensing holes on the bottom of the toner hopper clogged

  3. #3
    Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Ricoh Mp Aficio 8001 not loading toner

    mikadonovan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Posts
    2,645
    Rep Power
    78

    Re: Ricoh Mp Aficio 8001 not loading toner

    Pull the development unit and rotate the coupler on the back of the toner supply assembly. If it won't turn easily, the toner has turned into a chunk. This is caused by dirty filters, or too hot of an environment. Once you verify toner supply is OK, go ahead and install fresh developer. Be sure and plug in the 2 connectors at the front once reinstalled, and then set developer.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

  4. #4
    Junior Member Camzlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    Bogota
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Ricoh Mp Aficio 8001 not loading toner

    Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    Pull the development unit and rotate the coupler on the back of the toner supply assembly. If it won't turn easily, the toner has turned into a chunk. This is caused by dirty filters, or too hot of an environment. Once you verify toner supply is OK, go ahead and install fresh developer. Be sure and plug in the 2 connectors at the front once reinstalled, and then set developer.
    This morning one of them worked and load toner, so I interchange the hopper unit to discard it, and didnt work, so I check the developer unit, and it work. So the probleme is in the developer unit, i check it but I didnt find anything wrong, I know the problem is in it, but I dont know exactky what is wrong... may be it run out of developer. I rotate the couppler and it turns normaly.

    Before all of that when force toner suply it had a wired noise, and the toner bottle only spin ones and then a noise from the developer unit.

  5. #5
    Retired 10,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    14,092
    Rep Power
    374

    Re: Ricoh Mp Aficio 8001 not loading toner

    Quote Originally Posted by Camzlo View Post
    This morning one of them worked and load toner, so I interchange the hopper unit to discard it, and didnt work, so I check the developer unit, and it work. So the probleme is in the developer unit, i check it but I didnt find anything wrong, I know the problem is in it, but I dont know exactky what is wrong... may be it run out of developer. I rotate the couppler and it turns normaly.

    Before all of that when force toner suply it had a wired noise, and the toner bottle only spin ones and then a noise from the developer unit.
    Just to sure your on the correct page, the hopper unit is not the swing out unit that the toner bottle sets on. That is the toner tray. The toner hopper is on top of the development unit and has part of the waste tone recycling system on top of it.

  6. #6
    Junior Member Camzlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    Bogota
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Ricoh Mp Aficio 8001 not loading toner

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Just to sure your on the correct page, the hopper unit is not the swing out unit that the toner bottle sets on. That is the toner tray. The toner hopper is on top of the development unit and has part of the waste tone recycling system on top of it.
    Thank for the clarification , im not expert nor professional. Finaly I coud solve the problem, I check again and one of the coupler behind the unit was very hard, I manage to loosen it and now is working and loading toner. I have an other different problem, sometimes show stains, but I think its better to create new post with the different problem.

    Thanks for helping me.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here