Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    Junior Member Camzlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    Bogota
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0

    Ricoh Aficio 2051 stains

    Greetings, My name is Andres, Im from Bogota, Colombia, I have a Ricoh Aficio 2051 counter 3.900.000, each 3000 or 4000 copies it spits tains of ink on the paper, I think its ink residue (please see photo). I clean, but it happens again and again. I would like to add that the iamge unit is doing a strange noise (I think is ink stuck, I clean the unit but then it sounds again) Can someone please guide me.

    Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Technician
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    lahore
    Posts
    24
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Ricoh Aficio 2051 stains

    Quote Originally Posted by Camzlo View Post
    Greetings, My name is Andres, Im from Bogota, Colombia, I have a Ricoh Aficio 2051 counter 3.900.000, each 3000 or 4000 copies it spits tains of ink on the paper, I think its ink residue (please see photo). I clean, but it happens again and again. I would like to add that the iamge unit is doing a strange noise (I think is ink stuck, I clean the unit but then it sounds again) Can someone please guide me.

    Thanks
    1st of all check heater section make sure the heat roller is not dirty, then check drum section check recovery blade and also check the brush of developer, and lastly check the paper path make sure there is not toner left there

  3. #3
    Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Ricoh Aficio 2051 stains

    mikadonovan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Posts
    2,645
    Rep Power
    78

    Re: Ricoh Aficio 2051 stains

    Nearly 4 mil on this box is a lot. Looks like you will need PCU components like a drum, blade, and a cleaning brush, and maybe a lower seal. The ID sensor is probably getting dirty and causing a lot of toner dropping onto the lower pcu housing, and then it ends up on the prints.. Old developer just makes the dusting even worse. Oh, and a damaged/broken pcu transport coil will also add to these issues.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

  4. #4
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts luca72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Milano, Italia
    Posts
    336
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: Ricoh Aficio 2051 stains

    Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    Nearly 4 mil on this box is a lot. Looks like you will need PCU components like a drum, blade, and a cleaning brush, and maybe a lower seal. The ID sensor is probably getting dirty and causing a lot of toner dropping onto the lower pcu housing, and then it ends up on the prints.. Old developer just makes the dusting even worse. Oh, and a damaged/broken pcu transport coil will also add to these issues.
    when it gets to those levels, who knows what a crazy mess there will be inside the machine!?! even the sponges, they will all be rotten to stick to clothes, you need to think about it a bit, almost 4000k of prints are a lot, and the machine is really old, is it economically sustainable to replace the consumables? perhaps with those numbers it is worth buying a new, smaller machine

  5. #5
    Junior Member Camzlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    Bogota
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Ricoh Aficio 2051 stains

    Quote Originally Posted by makeacopy100 View Post
    1st of all check heater section make sure the heat roller is not dirty, then check drum section check recovery blade and also check the brush of developer, and lastly check the paper path make sure there is not toner left there
    Thanks for reply.
    1. the recovery blade is the same "Cleaning Blade" in the PCU unit?
    2. can you show me in the images which is the brush of the developer? (see image please1 development unit.jpg2 development unit.jpg)

    Thankyou

  6. #6
    Junior Member Camzlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    Bogota
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Ricoh Aficio 2051 stains

    Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    Nearly 4 mil on this box is a lot. Looks like you will need PCU components like a drum, blade, and a cleaning brush, and maybe a lower seal. The ID sensor is probably getting dirty and causing a lot of toner dropping onto the lower pcu housing, and then it ends up on the prints.. Old developer just makes the dusting even worse. Oh, and a damaged/broken pcu transport coil will also add to these issues.
    Thanks for reply. It looks I have to check a lot of things here.

    I put new developer like 4 months ago, the drum, and blade looks ok, the seals looks old, where is the ID sensor?, so I can check it. How do I know if the coil is ok or damage I think its ok.

    Thank you.

  7. #7
    Junior Member Camzlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    Bogota
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Ricoh Aficio 2051 stains

    Quote Originally Posted by luca72 View Post
    when it gets to those levels, who knows what a crazy mess there will be inside the machine!?! even the sponges, they will all be rotten to stick to clothes, you need to think about it a bit, almost 4000k of prints are a lot, and the machine is really old, is it economically sustainable to replace the consumables? perhaps with those numbers it is worth buying a new, smaller machine
    Thanks for the reply.
    Yes, it still gives me good money. I have tried to take good care of it. When you speak about sponges? are you taking about the seals?

    Thank you

  8. #8
    Retired 10,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    14,091
    Rep Power
    374

    Re: Ricoh Aficio 2051 stains

    If that is on the trail edge of the paper, check anythings above the paper path that the paper can can rub against. I have seen it from the bottom edges of the PCU frame.

  9. #9
    Junior Member Camzlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    Bogota
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Ricoh Aficio 2051 stains

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    If that is on the trail edge of the paper, check anythings above the paper path that the paper can can rub against. I have seen it from the bottom edges of the PCU frame.
    Thanks for the reply, the stains are in both sides of the sheet of paper. Ill check the PCU again. Normaly I clean the PCU unit and the stains go away, but somehow they come back.

  10. #10
    Retired 10,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    14,091
    Rep Power
    374

    Re: Ricoh Aficio 2051 stains

    Quote Originally Posted by Camzlo View Post
    Thanks for the reply, the stains are in both sides of the sheet of paper. Ill check the PCU again. Normaly I clean the PCU unit and the stains go away, but somehow they come back.
    Sounds like the development unit might be blowing out tone haze. It could be that the development filter, item 17, or the hold down bracket, item 19, is missing or defective.

    dvu1.pdf

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here