Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: SMB Scan to Amazon Web Services (AWS)

Here's the scan log page. Hopefully I uploaded it correctly.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    SMB Scan to Amazon Web Services (AWS)

Quote Originally Posted by eescamilla View Post
    Clear as day, name resolution error. Have them check the second and third DNS settings. Unless Amazon provides their own global DNS servers I would go with Google's, 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. First DNS must must point to your local DNS.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

try to check that the time is correct on the machine, to make it simple: some authentication mechanisms are based on the correct system time for sharing a key, then also check: if the user is using a google account, in the google settings, I recently discovered that there is a flag for "allow the use of less secure devices" it seems to me that it says ... let us know when it's ok

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by luca72 View Post
    try to check that the time is correct on the machine, to make it simple: some authentication mechanisms are based on the correct system time for sharing a key, then also check: if the user is using a google account, in the google settings, I recently discovered that there is a flag for "allow the use of less secure devices" it seems to me that it says ... let us know when it's ok

I would also add: that error code (03201) happened to me (in my case) when the antivirus firewall didn't make the smb name visible to the mc, I created a rule that allowed that ip address to access, but since we are talking about amazon I don't know how helpful this action can be

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    SMB Scan to Amazon Web Services (AWS)

Quote Originally Posted by luca72 View Post
    try to check that the time is correct on the machine, to make it simple: some authentication mechanisms are based on the correct system time for sharing a key,
    Also check the time zone setting. Example, here in California new machines come from Ricoh set for east coast time. When you just change the clock in User Tools the time zone will not match your public IP address.

then also check: if the user is using a google account, in the google settings, I recently discovered that there is a flag for "allow the use of less secure devices" it seems to me that it says ... let us know when it's ok
    Google is in the process of discontinuing that.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

The issue may be that the AWS gateway is set for SMB encryption. Ricoh machines can scan to SMB shares with SMB encryption, but it has to be set at the share level, not at the server level. It's possible that Amazon's implementation is more or less seen by the machine as a server-side setting. SMB encryption is only available with Windows 8 and higher as it's a part of SMB 3. If you try connecting to a share set for it with an older OS you just get a username and password prompt that won't allow you to connect.

Check the information here to see if it's of any help: Creating an SMB file share - AWS Storage Gateway

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Following up on this as we still haven't been able to fix it. Time and time zone are all correct. The share encryption is using default encryption.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

Following up on this as we still haven't been able to fix it. Time and time zone are all correct. The share encryption is using default encryption.
    Have you tried ruling out SMB encryption by changing the setting for the share at least temporarily?

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

any update?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Don't know if this has anything to do with it but this is what we have found so far. We have an account scanning to a secure server (like AWS). Wireshark captures showed the Ricoh sending username in cleartext. So as soon as username hit the server, it shutdown the session before the Ricoh could send the password. Kyocera encrypted username and password and worked flawless. If you can do a wireshark, see if this is your case also.
    I've proved mathematics wrong. 1 + 1 doesn't always equal 2.........

Especially when it comes to sex