Thread: MP C307 - WI FI

MP C307 - WI FI

Hello,

Please, Can someone help me:

1. I have a Ricoh MP C307, I want to connect it to WIFI, but it remains in ACTIVATING WIFI, I also try to activate it from the Web Image Monitor, but the WIFI box is always in NO, I change it to YES, later I update but it remains in no.

2. How is Wireless Direct configured?

Someone has a solution.

Thanks for your reply.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP C307 - WI FI

Re: MP C307 - WI FI

WiFi direct is a function of the SOP and can be used by your mobile device in the very near vicinity of the SOP, not the main frame unless you add Ricoh's extremely overpriced wireless interface. It is a total piece of shit. If you want to be able to print and scan using WiFi from computers in you office you need an AP range extender such as the TP-Link N300 WiFi Extender for around $30.00 dollars. It has a single wired Ethernet jack that is used to program it for your WiFi. After which it can be used to connect to the C307 or you can add a small switch or hub and connect ore than one device.

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts
    MP C307 - WI FI

Quote Originally Posted by HGMS View Post
    Hello,

1. I have a Ricoh MP C307, I want to connect it to WIFI, but it remains in ACTIVATING WIFI, I also try to activate it from the Web Image Monitor, but the WIFI box is always in NO, I change it to YES, later I update but it remains in no.

Someone has a solution.

Thanks for your reply.
    Can't you run a cable to your router that would make your copier wifi
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    MP C307 - WI FI

ricoh using the word wi-fi makes everyone think it has built in wi-fi. but this is not the case. as stated earlier this is for connecting your phone when you are close to the copier itself. they need to give that a different name.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP C307 - WI FI

Quote Originally Posted by dalewb74 View Post
    ricoh using the word wi-fi makes everyone think it has built in wi-fi. but this is not the case. as stated earlier this is for connecting your phone when you are close to the copier itself. they need to give that a different name.
    For the SOP yes, but there is a wireless option that can be installed in an option slot on the controller. It then requires the mounting of their "antenna" to the rear of the copier. It works, sort of, but is expensive and the antenna takes some trial and error to find the best position for optimum signal without being in the way.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    For the SOP yes, but there is a wireless option that can be installed in an option slot on the controller. It then requires the mounting of their "antenna" to the rear of the copier. It works, sort of, but is expensive and the antenna takes some trial and error to find the best position for optimum signal without being in the way.
    Out of the dozen or so of these I’ve installed over the years, precisely 2 of them worked first time, as expected.

The others were all exercises in futility.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP C307 - WI FI

Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post
    Out of the dozen or so of these I’ve installed over the years, precisely 2 of them worked first time, as expected.

The others were all exercises in futility.
    If you are referring to installing the SOP on a model that did not come with it standard, it is a matter of bad documentation. The order of some of the steps listed in the installation instructions found in the Service Manual for the MP C2003/2503 and those found in the Smart Device Connector Installation and Support Guide rfg065496 are not the same. Or at least were not at the time I installed my first one so I called Tech Support. The person I talked to said that they were getting a number of call from people who were having problems. He asked what I had done so far and I told nothing since seeing the difference in the documentation I wanted to clarify before proceeding. He told me the proper order to follow and the errors to avoid. Everything worked fine.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    If you are referring to installing the SOP on a model that did not come with it standard, it is a matter of bad documentation. The order of some of the steps listed in the installation instructions found in the Service Manual for the MP C2003/2503 and those found in the Smart Device Connector Installation and Support Guide rfg065496 are not the same. Or at least were not at the time I installed my first one so I called Tech Support. The person I talked to said that they were getting a number of call from people who were having problems. He asked what I had done so far and I told nothing since seeing the difference in the documentation I wanted to clarify before proceeding. He told me the proper order to follow and the errors to avoid. Everything worked fine.
    In my case all were before the advent of the SOP platform.

It’s a shame that more than 12 years since the first wireless option that it still sux.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    MP C307 - WI FI

Quote Originally Posted by HGMS View Post
    Hello,

Someone has a solution.

Thanks for your reply.

This is what I use to connect ANY printer to a router & make wireless cheap as chips & takes seconds to configure.

Excellent range & in everyway it is better that the Ricoh internal Wi-Fi adapter which don't even support 802.11ac

RE200 | AC750 Mesh Wi-Fi Range Extender | TP-Link United Kingdom
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk