Aficio 2051sp SC818

Hi
    I have problem with a copier recently start with 818 error message, i tried change HDD, In some forums I found that need to upgrade or reinstall Firmware, could you help me with this files, I tried register in Ricoh page but nothing happens they not answere my request

jesus_garcia_zamora@prodigy.net.mx

Model Aficio 2051sp
    regards

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Aficio 2051sp SC818

Re: Aficio 2051sp SC818

Quote Originally Posted by JJesusGarcia View Post
    Hi
    I have problem with a copier recently start with 818 error message, i tried change HDD, In some forums I found that need to upgrade or reinstall Firmware, could you help me with this files, I tried register in Ricoh page but nothing happens they not answere my request

Model Aficio 2051sp
    regards
    Maybe you should start with getting a service manual as SC818 has nothing to do with the HDD. It is a controller board error and may require replacement of said board as well as system firmware. Give it a couple of hours and I am sure 'copier tech' from the UK will post his website for obtaining. The service manual will also tell you how to update the firmware. Do it wrong and you end up with a boat anchor.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Aficio 2051sp SC818

Hi

Model Aficio 2051sp
    regards
    Fit the original HDD back this may not be the issue, delete any print jobs in the queue, remove the network cable & then update the firmware.

• Code: 818
    • Description:Watchdog error
      While the system program is running, a bus hold or interrupt program goes into an endless loop, preventing any other programs from executing.
    • Causes:• System program defective; switch off/on, or change the controller firmware if the problem cannot be solved
      • Controller board defective
      • Controller option malfunction

Click Here To Download - Ricoh, Konica Minolta, Kyocera, Lexmark or Canon Firmware
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Hi

Model Aficio 2051sp
    regards
    I did not understand, but are we talking about the mpc2051?
    if so, try to disable java auto-start, from user tools, upgrade the firmwar, if it persists try to disconnect the cards behind, clean card and ram connectors, try various reset sp801-xxx (with engine you have to re-enter some data), if it still does, there is an electronic problem, and you need to test by replacing the boards

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

mp2051 is a bw same engine as the mp5500/mp6500.
    way old and i have not seen one in 5-6 years