Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts
    Middle marks in MPC2050

Re: Middle marks in MPC2050

Quote Originally Posted by GIUBOSS View Post
    better to replace than to clean, if too old it can damage the transfer belt (more expensive): D1056036
    CLEANING UNIT: INTERMEDIATE TRANSFER: SERVICE: Ass'y
    +1 that's what I would do replace.
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by orientalsniper View Post
    Thank you, your instruction was so clear and direct.

I emptied the toner bottle and I cleaned the rolling brush (it was dark), I assume that's the ITB cleaning unit? I will do some testing (printing) these days and let you know if that solved it, thanks again.
    Bit late to this one, but I used to work on a pile of these.

The other guys are pretty much all over it, but replacing the ITB cleaning unit is the correct answer.

Cleaning the ITB cleaning unit is a very short term fix at best and the customer will likely call back soon. Both the brush and the blade are worn. Often you can get away with running parts past their indicated PM cycle, but a lot depends on the customer usage pattern. This is not a unit you can typically get away with that on, especially if the customer is running a lot of fill on their color prints along with a good volume of color prints.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Middle marks in MPC2050

Quote Originally Posted by Klydon View Post
    Bit late to this one, but I used to work on a pile of these.

The other guys are pretty much all over it, but replacing the ITB cleaning unit is the correct answer.

Cleaning the ITB cleaning unit is a very short term fix at best and the customer will likely call back soon. Both the brush and the blade are worn. Often you can get away with running parts past their indicated PM cycle, but a lot depends on the customer usage pattern. This is not a unit you can typically get away with that on, especially if the customer is running a lot of fill on their color prints along with a good volume of color prints.
    Not necessarily true. Replacement should be done according to the maintenance counters. According the Product Support Guide the yield of the Intermediate transfer cleaning unit (w/o waste toner tank) is 180k, but the waste toner tank yield is 60k. The last I checked the parts catalog they are not sold separately. That tells me Ricoh expects you to have to empty the tank.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Not necessarily true. Replacement should be done according to the maintenance counters. According the Product Support Guide the yield of the Intermediate transfer cleaning unit (w/o waste toner tank) is 180k, but the waste toner tank yield is 60k. The last I checked the parts catalog they are not sold separately. That tells me Ricoh expects you to have to empty the tank.
    I agree. I have dumped the tank repeatedly and on machines that run a lot of black and white along with little color fill can expect to get more than what the PM count would indicate. However, once you see the pattern like that, cleaning the cleaning unit itself is a temp fix and likely won't last long by my experience. I have tried in the past and it hasn't gone well.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by orientalsniper View Post
    I've got an issue with the printer printing wheel-like marks. I attached a photo so you can see better.
    waste toner bottle 2