Thread: Ricoh MPC2503

Ricoh MPC2503

I have a Ricoh MPC2503 that constantly jams from the top tray. There is a small tear in the paper that is the same width as the sep roller. If I change the complete set of rollers, it will work great for about 20K. Then the same thing happens again. How long are the rollers supposed to last on this machine?

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MPC2503

Re: Ricoh MPC2503

Normally caused by the separation turning in the reverse. Usually the result of a worn feed roller but if you are replacing it with a new Genuine Ricoh roller, try replacing the torque limiter for the separation roller. It may be binding and providing too much reverse torque. If you are using cheap after market parts, just remember

Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    I have a Ricoh MPC2503 that constantly jams from the top tray. There is a small tear in the paper that is the same width as the sep roller. If I change the complete set of rollers, it will work great for about 20K. Then the same thing happens again. How long are the rollers supposed to last on this machine?
    I'm using genuine Ricoh rollers so I'll order a torque limiter. Thanks for the reply.

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MPC2503

Use the mpc4503 rollers last longer also the problem is mostly limiter and lower separation roller good luck
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

How long are the rollers supposed to last on this machine?
    Until failed torque limiter causes a flat spot on separation roller

As others said change torque limiter together with rollers don't forget and change any oneways involved.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MPC2503

How long are the rollers supposed to last on this machine?
    That depends on the type of roller and the paper being fed. It also is not a good value to base replacement on. As an example on the Martini models the older gray composite rollers were rated for 300K but with proper cleaning could last double that. On the other hand the blue synthetic rollers were rated at 1M but the feed roller seldom lasted more than 800K before they became too slick and allowed the separation roller to turn against them.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

I had a similar issue on years ago. Couple of other techs on the team had looked at it, cleaned or replaced rollers and the problem came back. I got there, pulled everything apart and found a small crack in the torque limiter at the end that went into the sep roller.

Replaced it and life was good for the customer again.

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk

Senior Tech 100+ Posts emiliorsg's Avatar

If the client is using used paper, many times it dirties the tires and then they slip, leaving a mark on the paper that they are not able to feed. If this is not the case, check the torque.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

One of the belt assist feed rollers in the side door being stuck or slowed with paper dust is also a good cause for this.