MPC3503 Can't change Paper size for Tray 1

This is driving me insane - I can't find a way to change this anywhere. Only Trays 2, 3 and 4 allow me to change the size.

Attached Images Attached Images

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Re: MPC3503 Can't change Paper size for Tray 1

Tray 1 supports 4 sizes of paper. LT LEF, Half LT SEF, A4 LEF and A5 SEF. The size is automatically determined by 2 things. The position of the side fences and the regional setting in SP settings. The same 2 items determine the size for trays 2, 3, and 4 when they are set to Auto Detect.

Correction: The end stop for trays 2-4 detect length while the side fences determines width.
    Last edited by slimslob; 04-20-2021 at 04:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Tray 1 supports 4 sizes of paper. LT LEF, Half LT SEF, A4 LEF and A5 SEF. The size is automatically determined by 2 things. The position of the side fences and the regional setting in SP settings. The same 2 items determine the size for trays 2, 3, and 4 when they are set to Auto Detect.
    Just found this in the service manual.. so lame!

Trays 3 & 4 won't support small paper sizes, I've got 6x4 Labels in Tray 2, and since Tray 1 only supports A4/A5/B5/Letter, I don't have anywhere to put my envelopes except the ugly bypass tray..

Thanks for the help anyway!

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jmole View Post
    Just found this in the service manual.. so lame!

Trays 3 & 4 won't support small paper sizes, I've got 6x4 Labels in Tray 2, and since Tray 1 only supports A4/A5/B5/Letter, I don't have anywhere to put my envelopes except the ugly bypass tray..

Thanks for the help anyway!
    Envelope feeding is available from everything except Tray 1. It is a size that you can select from user tools and from within page format in most software. There is a setting in User Tools - Printer Function where you can specify to use the setting from the computer. Also gets rid of unneeded paper size/type mismatch alerts when the machine and computer settings do not exactly match like when one is set to palin paper and the other to recycled paper.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Envelope feeding is available from everything except Tray 1. It is a size that you can select from user tools and from within page format in most software. There is a setting in User Tools - Printer Function where you can specify to use the setting from the computer. Also gets rid of unneeded paper size/type mismatch alerts when the machine and computer settings do not exactly match like when one is set to palin paper and the other to recycled paper.
    I had jams every time I tried a #10 Envelope SEF in Tray 3. I think the feed mechanism has a sensor that doesn’t see the edges or something so it stops feeding. It’s too bad, because the envelopes look nice and snug in the adjustable paper guides.

I haven’t tried LEF since the center paper guide doesn’t touch the envelope stack if I do that, even if I unfold the flap.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Best tray to use is tray 2. Shorter paper path, less chance for jams. Ricoh also recommends loading one envelope at a time due to uneven edge to edge.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

envelope need to set paper size in user tools for tray you are using make sure you select 4 1/8 by 9 1/2 and image going left to right or landscape. there is another one show same size but image is like portrait. Some trays will only show portrait one. the other thing goes on is poor fusing so need to change paper type to envelope on that tray.