Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Gravesend, Kent
    Posts
    1,595
    Rep Power
    63

    No options in system settings

    I spoke to a customer today who needs to change the host name before the device goes into the network, so I was trying to talk him through changing it on the panel, this is a new install, and this is a demo machine, when he goes into system settings, the only tab available is admin tools, and the only option in there is service mode lock.
    I did get the host name changed using the WIM, but has anyone got any ideas as to why the tabs are missing
    System settings.jpg
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

  2. #2
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    No options in system settings

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    14,079
    Rep Power
    368

    Re: No options in system settings

    Quote Originally Posted by Debs1964 View Post
    I spoke to a customer today who needs to change the host name before the device goes into the network, so I was trying to talk him through changing it on the panel, this is a new install, and this is a demo machine, when he goes into system settings, the only tab available is admin tools, and the only option in there is service mode lock.
    I did get the host name changed using the WIM, but has anyone got any ideas as to why the tabs are missing
    System settings.jpg
    Hi Debs1964... can wee get the model # of this device?

  3. #3
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Gravesend, Kent
    Posts
    1,595
    Rep Power
    63

    Re: No options in system settings

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    Hi Debs1964... can wee get the model # of this device?
    I realised after posting, and turning off my laptop for the day that I hadnít added the model, sorry. Itís an IM C3500
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

  4. #4
    Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    No options in system settings

    mikadonovan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Posts
    2,671
    Rep Power
    79

    Re: No options in system settings

    Maybe it has a custom security level set.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

  5. #5
    Retired 10,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    14,912
    Rep Power
    409

    Re: No options in system settings

    I wonder if someone has set separate Machine and Network administrators. I don;t know if I would tell a user how to get into Supervisor in order to check Admin names and access.

  6. #6
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Gravesend, Kent
    Posts
    1,595
    Rep Power
    63

    Re: No options in system settings

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    I wonder if someone has set separate Machine and Network administrators. I don;t know if I would tell a user how to get into Supervisor in order to check Admin names and access.
    I would have thought that you would be able to see the options, even if you couldnít change settings. If admin authentication is turned on and you donít login you can still see all 6 tabs
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

  7. #7
    Retired 10,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    14,912
    Rep Power
    409

    Re: No options in system settings

    Quote Originally Posted by Debs1964 View Post
    I would have thought that you would be able to see the options, even if you couldn’t change settings. If admin authentication is turned on and you don’t login you can still see all 6 tabs
    My experience in the field had been that the front panel you can see all the tabs with denied options greyed out. From WIM you could only see what you have access to. Things may have changed with the newer model since I retired.

  8. #8
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Gravesend, Kent
    Posts
    1,595
    Rep Power
    63

    Re: No options in system settings

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    My experience in the field had been that the front panel you can see all the tabs with denied options greyed out. From WIM you could only see what you have access to. Things may have changed with the newer model since I retired.
    That is still the same, so I donít believe that this is an admin login issue, I did ask the customer to try without logging in as admin, and he saw the same thing.
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

  9. #9
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,012
    Rep Power
    184

    Re: No options in system settings

    System reset, Factory reset, Initialize all.
    Don't know what Ricoh calls reset to factory default but I have had resolved(other brands) some really odd balls this way.

    Edit:
    Of course you don't want to do it on live and working machine especially remote. Just some food for thoughts.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

    Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

  10. #10
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Gravesend, Kent
    Posts
    1,595
    Rep Power
    63

    Re: No options in system settings

    Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    System reset, Factory reset, Initialize all.
    Don't know what Ricoh calls reset to factory default but I have had resolved(other brands) some really odd balls this way.

    Edit:
    Of course you don't want to do it on live and working machine especially remote. Just some food for thoughts.
    If I was on site, working on the device, I think this is what I would be doing, but, as Iím on the remote assist helpdesk at the moment, I just want to find whatís causing this as Iím pretty certain I will be speaking to this customer again
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here