Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

mp c6003 charge roller assemblies -lines, lines, lines

The company I work for buys these cheap Chinese aftermarket charge rollers for installation on the 03 and 04 series PCDU's. We are constantly in and out of these customers, ad nauseum, cleaning charge rollers that are contaminated with what appears to be the waxy material from the lub bars, causing Black lines , colour lines etc on the copies/prints. The charge rollers are the 'non contact' type, and according to the Ricoh specs, the gap charge roller to drum has been increased to 50 microns purpose: "reduction of charge roller dirt". The gap is achieved by a raised lip at the ends of the charge roller, however, I notice the Chinese aftermarkets have no raised lips and are completely flat, ie no gap between drum and ch roller. It seems the Chinese do not have the technical nohow to produce the correct specs. In effect the these charge rollers act as cleaning roller. Am I correct in thinking that Ricoh do not offer the charge roller assemblies as a replacement part, and require you buy an entire PC unit ? Does anyone know if it is available as an OEM part, because it is not in the parts list. Does anyone know if it is available as an aftermarket, BUT, at least with the correct dimensions ? On another thread someone gave a part number of D2422062, but does not say if that is a Ricoh part, or a wrong spec aftermarket. Any opinions on this gratefully accepted.

ch rollers2.jpg

ch rollers.jpg

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Re: mp c6003 charge roller assemblies -lines, lines, lines

D2422062 is a Ricoh part number. It is not a charge roller as such. It is a complete charge roller assembly to include the charge, the charge cleaning roller, the roller bushings and the bracket they mount on. You can get them from a number of online sources but not from Ricoh, or at least Ricoh does not list them in the parts catalogs. You could always try ordering 1 or 2 from Ricoh and see what happens. Precision Roller list them at $96.95 US Ricoh D2422062 (D0BQ2071) Charge Unit, Genuine (K6315)

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I don't see the point of changing just a charge roller if its leaving lines on copies. You will be masking the issue for a couple of days until the new charge roller gets dirty again.

If your going to go down this path, at least replace the cleaning blade along with it which will be more than likely your culprit of why the charge roller is getting dirty

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Good info from Tim.
    While I've not purchased those in particular, I buy a lot of my stuff from Nutone Densi. They also carry the Oem version of the assy, as well as the standalone Oem charge roller. You are correct, Ricoh does not sell the standalone PCR to best of my knowledge - although they reference the Oem P/N but it's not valid when I look for it.

Note: I just remembered that you're in the UK, and I'm not sure if they ship there or not

RICOH Primary Charge Roller (OEM)

RICOH Charge Roller Assembly (OEM) New product available

Retired 10,000+ Posts

I noticed on the Precision Roller page that they also showed a part number D0BQ2071. I wonder if it might be the part number for the the assembly for the SP C840dn/SP C842dn printers. Occasionally parts are available from Ricoh for printers that are not available to order for MFP.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    I noticed on the Precision Roller page that they also showed a part number D0BQ2071.
    Looks like that is actually the new P/N. I just typed it into myricoh and it said that number replaced D2422062

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    Looks like that is actually the new P/N. I just typed it into myricoh and it said that number replaced D2422062
    Then I take it that it can be ordered with that number.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Then I take it that it can be ordered with that number.
    Yes, Either/ Or.

It's also only $45 for the entire assy here in Canada ( I think it was around $60 from nutone densi ), so I'm not sure why anyone would "cheap out" on a knock off unless it's somehow way more expensive in the UK?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by andy227 View Post
    The company I work for buys these cheap Chinese aftermarket charge rollers for installation on the 03 and 04 series PCDU's. We are constantly in and out of these customers, ad nauseum, cleaning charge rollers that are contaminated with what appears to be the waxy material from the lub bars, causing Black lines , colour lines etc on the copies/prints. The charge rollers are the 'non contact' type, and according to the Ricoh specs, the gap charge roller to drum has been increased to 50 microns purpose: "reduction of charge roller dirt". The gap is achieved by a raised lip at the ends of the charge roller, however, I notice the Chinese aftermarkets have no raised lips and are completely flat, ie no gap between drum and ch roller. It seems the Chinese do not have the technical nohow to produce the correct specs. In effect the these charge rollers act as cleaning roller. Am I correct in thinking that Ricoh do not offer the charge roller assemblies as a replacement part, and require you buy an entire PC unit ? Does anyone know if it is available as an OEM part, because it is not in the parts list. Does anyone know if it is available as an aftermarket, BUT, at least with the correct dimensions ? On another thread someone gave a part number of D2422062, but does not say if that is a Ricoh part, or a wrong spec aftermarket. Any opinions on this gratefully accepted.

ch rollers2.jpg

ch rollers.jpg
    If you want to try this trick I learned decades ago.
    You need:
    Nu Finish car polish..liquid
    Terry cloth towel
    Water

Wet the rollers
    Apply NF to cloth
    Coat the roller
    Buff off haze with clean section of towel.
    IF roller isn't bright and clean apply more and repeat.
    Install
    Test

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    Yes, Either/ Or.

It's also only $45 for the entire assy here in Canada ( I think it was around $60 from nutone densi ), so I'm not sure why anyone would "cheap out" on a knock off unless it's somehow way more expensive in the UK?
    Maybe now that we have found the correct part number andy227 can see what it costs from Ricoh-EU.