Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: key counter

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: key counter

I hope I am not a fool now...
    Do the machine double count A3 internally, in the SP fields for pages printed?
    Is it set to double count A3 there?

Technician

sure, double count is activated and internal counter counts twice on large format. The only problem is - on the 20 pole output of counter interface board large format is signalized not by 2 count pulses, but by 1 count pulse on A-10/B-10 and shorting A-8/B-8

Technician

Solved!

I have the solution:
    it is not necessary to set anything in SP 5-113, only Key Counter Management in User Tools.
    The main thing: you must first attach the coil of the counter to Pins 3 and 4, than you can block/release with shortening pins 1&2!
    One cannot relase the machine on pins 1 and 2 without the coil on 3 and 4

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    key counter

explain please

Technician

In the past it was enough just to shorten 2 pins of the 4-pole key counter connector (5 Volt Counter Set) to tell the machine, the key counter is set. Now the presence of the counter is also checked on the other 2 pins (~24V counter pulse). You have to attach first your counting system to the Counter Pulse output, than you can block/release the machine by opening/shorting Counter Set pins.

Technician

Do the Optional interface kit Type A and Type M12 have the same pin functions?

Such as:
    Enable A9,B9
    24V pulse on A10,B10
    Color on A4,B4 etc...

I can not get the copier to enable with A9,B9 like I did with the Type A or on a Kyocera copier.

Thanks,

Baz

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

As for the newer machines we always use the key counter adapter. Here's a pic of it tweaked for use with mechanical counters - the jumper unlocks the MFP and the brown wires are hooked up to the counter. Of course it's better to recommend external, electronics counter (like copytrons) because they can count double clicks for large formats - or just use a software^^

Wel, this solutions does give you 1 count per page no matter what.

ccounter.jpg

Technician

The brown wires are the 24V pulse and I am assuming the jumper is blue on Pins A9,B9 right?

Is this the same setup for both the type A and M12 interfaces? Do these 2 interfaces have the same pinout? So your above brown wires and blue jumper would work on both interfaces?

You mentioned that A10,B10 need to be connected to the counting device for the keycounter to work. Would connecting them to a relay do the job?

Thanks.