Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19
  1. #11
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts 8T2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Currently in the Vaal Triangle area in Gauteng, South Africa
    Posts
    159
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: MP2851 light print jobs and "Add Toner" message

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    You mean when the worm gear of the motor spins against it.
    Precisely...stupid design and wish I knew why they changed it from previous design that never had an issue regardless of how many times the Dev unit seized up

    Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Tapatalk

  2. #12
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts luca72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Milano, Italia
    Posts
    375
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: MP2851 light print jobs and "Add Toner" message

    Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post

    Ricoh design these dev units to be rebuilt.

    You can however order a complete PCDU but you will still need to add the developer.

    I don't have that particular model around, but if I remember correctly, mount the type1027 (?), it comes to us already complete with developer, and the strips to tear, I agree, we pay about 110 original euro, with what you save , the new transfer roller turns up..lol

  3. #13
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    97
    Rep Power
    22

    Re: MP2851 light print jobs and "Add Toner" message

    Good afternoon,

    I performed an inspection of the developer assembly. Both the IDLER GEAR (B039 3062) and the DEVELOPMENT ROLLER GEAR (B039 3060) were worn. Considering the number of impressions, I'm going to replace the whole DEVELOPMENT CASE (B209 3370).

    Thanks to all of you for the assistance.

  4. #14
    Retired 10,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    14,556
    Rep Power
    394

    Re: MP2851 light print jobs and "Add Toner" message

    Quote Originally Posted by rdyjnkns View Post
    Good afternoon,

    I performed an inspection of the developer assembly. Both the IDLER GEAR (B039 3062) and the DEVELOPMENT ROLLER GEAR (B039 3060) were worn. Considering the number of impressions, I'm going to replace the whole DEVELOPMENT CASE (B209 3370).

    Thanks to all of you for the assistance.
    My experience with them is that even with the redesigned development case they don't last more than 4 PMs. Before developer leakage into the gear area becomes apparent.

  5. #15
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pennsyltucky
    Posts
    1,941
    Rep Power
    65

    Re: MP2851 light print jobs and "Add Toner" message

    Quote Originally Posted by luca72 View Post
    I don't have that particular model around, but if I remember correctly, mount the type1027 (?), it comes to us already complete with developer, and the strips to tear, I agree, we pay about 110 original euro, with what you save , the new transfer roller turns up..lol
    If memory serves, I thought Ricoh was winding down production of the 1027 PCU and only doing refurb units instead of completely new ones. It's been a long time since the LD 122/127 boxes so how much longer will Ricoh even keep the PCU around as an item?

  6. #16
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    MP2851 light print jobs and "Add Toner" message

    sandmanmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    3,302
    Rep Power
    117

    Re: MP2851 light print jobs and "Add Toner" message

    Quote Originally Posted by rthonpm View Post
    If memory serves, I thought Ricoh was winding down production of the 1027 PCU and only doing refurb units instead of completely new ones. It's been a long time since the LD 122/127 boxes so how much longer will Ricoh even keep the PCU around as an item?
    Still readily available here in Canada from multiple suppliers, and I see that PR still carries them in the US, so I'm not sure

  7. #17
    Retired 10,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    14,556
    Rep Power
    394

    Re: MP2851 light print jobs and "Add Toner" message

    Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    Still readily available here in Canada from multiple suppliers, and I see that PR still carries them in the US, so I'm not sure
    $234.95 US from PR. From $192.84 the $265.89 from Amazon.

  8. #18
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Gothenburg
    Posts
    1,000
    Rep Power
    35

    Re: MP2851 light print jobs and "Add Toner" message

    Since the issue accured after a toner bottle change I'd still take a look at the hopper/bottle - berhaps the caps from the old bottle sits on top of the cap from the new bottle. Also check if the bottle turns and the bottle-cap-claw-mechanism inside the hopper works and the mylars are intact. >600k is a lot for these poorly crafted hopppers. Beside this like the other guys stated it's possible to install a T1027 PCU in case the DV gears/mixing mechanism is dead. In this case you should the that the PCU toner entrance unter the shutter is filled up with toner to the max.

  9. #19
    Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Shitsville, UK
    Posts
    3,570
    Rep Power
    91

    Re: MP2851 light print jobs and "Add Toner" message

    Quote Originally Posted by rdyjnkns View Post
    Good afternoon,

    I performed an inspection of the developer assembly. Both the IDLER GEAR (B039 3062) and the DEVELOPMENT ROLLER GEAR (B039 3060) were worn. Considering the number of impressions, I'm going to replace the whole DEVELOPMENT CASE (B209 3370).

    Thanks to all of you for the assistance.
    If the gears in the lower development case are mullered the ones on the mag roller will be too. It doesn't come as a complete unit.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here