Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Currently in the Vaal Triangle area in Gauteng, South Africa

Re: MP2851 light print jobs and "Add Toner" message

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    You mean when the worm gear of the motor spins against it.
    Precisely...stupid design and wish I knew why they changed it from previous design that never had an issue regardless of how many times the Dev unit seized up

Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Tapatalk

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post

Ricoh design these dev units to be rebuilt.

You can however order a complete PCDU but you will still need to add the developer.

I don't have that particular model around, but if I remember correctly, mount the type1027 (?), it comes to us already complete with developer, and the strips to tear, I agree, we pay about 110 original euro, with what you save , the new transfer roller turns up..lol

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Good afternoon,

I performed an inspection of the developer assembly. Both the IDLER GEAR (B039 3062) and the DEVELOPMENT ROLLER GEAR (B039 3060) were worn. Considering the number of impressions, I'm going to replace the whole DEVELOPMENT CASE (B209 3370).

Thanks to all of you for the assistance.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP2851 light print jobs and "Add Toner" message

Quote Originally Posted by rdyjnkns View Post
    Good afternoon,

I performed an inspection of the developer assembly. Both the IDLER GEAR (B039 3062) and the DEVELOPMENT ROLLER GEAR (B039 3060) were worn. Considering the number of impressions, I'm going to replace the whole DEVELOPMENT CASE (B209 3370).

My experience with them is that even with the redesigned development case they don't last more than 4 PMs. Before developer leakage into the gear area becomes apparent.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by luca72 View Post
    I don't have that particular model around, but if I remember correctly, mount the type1027 (?), it comes to us already complete with developer, and the strips to tear, I agree, we pay about 110 original euro, with what you save , the new transfer roller turns up..lol
    If memory serves, I thought Ricoh was winding down production of the 1027 PCU and only doing refurb units instead of completely new ones. It's been a long time since the LD 122/127 boxes so how much longer will Ricoh even keep the PCU around as an item?

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rthonpm View Post
    If memory serves, I thought Ricoh was winding down production of the 1027 PCU and only doing refurb units instead of completely new ones. It's been a long time since the LD 122/127 boxes so how much longer will Ricoh even keep the PCU around as an item?
    Still readily available here in Canada from multiple suppliers, and I see that PR still carries them in the US, so I'm not sure

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    Still readily available here in Canada from multiple suppliers, and I see that PR still carries them in the US, so I'm not sure
    $234.95 US from PR. From $192.84 the $265.89 from Amazon.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Since the issue accured after a toner bottle change I'd still take a look at the hopper/bottle - berhaps the caps from the old bottle sits on top of the cap from the new bottle. Also check if the bottle turns and the bottle-cap-claw-mechanism inside the hopper works and the mylars are intact. >600k is a lot for these poorly crafted hopppers. Beside this like the other guys stated it's possible to install a T1027 PCU in case the DV gears/mixing mechanism is dead. In this case you should the that the PCU toner entrance unter the shutter is filled up with toner to the max.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rdyjnkns View Post
    Good afternoon,

If the gears in the lower development case are mullered the ones on the mag roller will be too. It doesn't come as a complete unit.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: MP2851 light print jobs and "Add Toner" message RESOLVED

First, I would like to thank all of you for your assistance.

The issue with the “Add Toner” error message has been resolved. I replaced the whole image processing assembly (P/N B2050151-R, this was a pull from a functioning copier), cleaned out the toner hopper, and performing both the SP2801 (Developer Initialization) and SP2908 (Force Toner Supply). No joy, “Add Toner” message displayed. Just happen upon the SP2928 (Toner End Clear) and pressed the EXECUTE button. Exited out of SP mode and no more “Add Toner “message. Customer was happy to have their copier up and running.