Post SP 5310DN printer issue

Recently we got some SP 5310DN heavy duty printers with perfect copies. We are having some issues with few of them after around 4000k copies & have noticed that copies are getting light with white streaks. Checked the drum unit & found no toner inside the unit but toner cartridge remained full. I did Drum refresh, force toner adding but none of them cannot solve the problem. Also checked toner supply motor using output check mode. Any advice highly appreciate...
    Thanks in advance & hope all are safe...!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    SP 5310DN printer issue

Re: SP 5310DN printer issue

The Drum unit doesn't "retain" any toner. The toner is applied, then cleaned from drum, and the waste toner goes directly back into the toner cartridge.
    When you get a waste toner full message, you have to swap the toner cartridge (Causes a lot of confusion for end users).

Have you checked the LED that resides above the drum unit, these will sometimes get a dusting of toner that can cause voids and light areas.
    Could try a different toner cartridge, or drum unit, 'bout the only things that will cause that.
    Omertà

Currently in the Vaal Triangle area in Gauteng, South Africa

Is the laser unit clean? I had loads of issues with dust and toner with one of these stupid all in one toner and drum printers when they just came out.

Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Tapatalk

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts +ve charge's Avatar

Hi.... For this particular model toner comes separate from the drum unit. So Toner is supposed to fill into the development unit at regular intervals when the low toner level is detected.
    Am I right to assume that you are finding the development unit empty (of toner) whilst there is still toner in the cartridge causing the white streaks?
    Did forced toner supply not supply toner to the development unit?
    I have a few of these machines on the field that are working well so i'm interested in finding out more on this problem. Pls check if the Factory data Settings (birth certificate) leaflet is in the machine and compare with present machine settings and see if the settings are out of config.
    Thank You

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    SP 5310DN printer issue

Quote Originally Posted by Pulsara View Post
    Recently we got some SP 5310DN heavy duty printers with perfect copies. We are having some issues with few of them after around 4000k copies & have noticed that copies are getting light with white streaks. Checked the drum unit & found no toner inside the unit but toner cartridge remained full. I did Drum refresh, force toner adding but none of them cannot solve the problem. Also checked toner supply motor using output check mode. Any advice highly appreciate...
    Thanks in advance & hope all are safe...!
    Do you really mean 4000K? That seems like a typo maybe?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    SP 5310DN printer issue

Quote Originally Posted by anothertech View Post
    Do you really mean 4000K? That seems like a typo maybe?
    yeah that would be 4 MILLION pages printed. seems a bit much to me also.

unTrusted Tech 250+ Posts imaginemoko's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    yeah that would be 4 MILLION pages printed. seems a bit much to me also.
    that would be 8th going to 9th PCDU replacement. 80% life of PCDU seems not bad i guess.
    fix the customer first then fix the machine... its simple and makes life more easy.

[QUOTE=anothertech;1759635]Do you really mean 4000K? That seems like a typo maybe?[/QUOTE
    Really sorry...Its typing mistake.. after around 4000 prints I got this problem.. 🙏
    Once I checked no toner in the development unit & development roller also remained without toner. It seems the TD sensor does'nt send signal to the toner supply motor to add toner while printing. TD sensor type is not familier to me.It is not directly contact with toner.may be it sends RF signal.