Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Re: Ricoh SP 5300DN wont print "Load paper in bypass tray" error message

For whatever reason it isn't detecting the paper in tray 1. Check the paper size selector on the front of the tray, make sure it's set to the correct size. Make sure the switches that selector pushes against are not broken or deformed, same for the tray set and paper detect sensor feelers.

I got it fixed. There is a dial in front of the printer. You access it by opening tray 1. It is for selecting the page size. It was set to an asterisk, but I changed to to 8.5" x 11" and that got it working. Thanks everyone for the help!

[QUOTE=MYRICOHNEEDSHELP;1759620]I was printing a fairly large prunt job. Paper got jammed. I fixed the jam and then get a notice of printer "Load paper in bypass tray". It would not print regularly after jam was fixed. I didnt mess with any settings before that.
    Currently the screen says "Load paper in bypass tray". When I try to print it does nothing. I went into printer preferences. The input tray selected is "auto tray select". I have also tried "Tray 1" with no luck.
    Are you able to advise how I can get my printer functioning. Is there a way to reset printer to factory defaults? Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE

There is a possibility to dislocate casette paper end sensor feeler while removing paper jam. If printer sets to auto paper tray select, it will try to feed from bypass tray, as paper detection of the casette fails..

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Ricoh SP 5300DN wont print "Load paper in bypass tray" error message

Quote Originally Posted by MYRICOHNEEDSHELP View Post
    I got it fixed. There is a dial in front of the printer. You access it by opening tray 1. It is for selecting the page size. It was set to an asterisk, but I changed to to 8.5" x 11" and that got it working. Thanks everyone for the help!
    Yeah that's a common problem. Customers accidently hit the dial when replacing paper. I have started gluing them into position.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh SP 5300DN wont print "Load paper in bypass tray" error message

Quote Originally Posted by MYRICOHNEEDSHELP View Post
    With that dial set to * it means to use the size is set in User Tools