Ricoh MP 3053 side door issue

Having a problem with the side door lining up with the fuser release arms. I don't see anything broken or out of place. if you manually push in the release arms it closes fine. Is there any adjustments? So i have no clue on what I am missing. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks in advance Neil

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts

Re: Ricoh MP 3053 side door issue

Quote Originally Posted by surecopy View Post
    Having a problem with the side door lining up with the fuser release arms. I don't see anything broken or out of place. if you manually push in the release arms it closes fine. Is there any adjustments? So i have no clue on what I am missing. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks in advance Neil
    This is common the arm bracket assy in the fuser unit is most likely bent damaged
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Hello

Like the previous guy said, the arms on the fuser unit which releases the pressure to remove paper jams are most likely bent out of position.

What I normally do is remove the fuser unit and open the top cover of the unit. Then with the machine off, place the unit back with the cover off, follow the 2 plastic hooks on the duplex unit (the opposite cover that you opened) , now the 2 wheel bushings on the 2 arms from the fuser unit run along the opposite cover with the 2 plastic hooks when it's being closed. What you need to do is slightly bend the metal braces that hold the arms till you get the wheel bushings of the arms to run properly on the track with the hooks

Be careful not to bend it too much or it could break off

Retired 10,000+ Posts

I have actually had to replace the entire fusing unit because the metal frame was warped. It was easy to see setting side by side with another fusing unit.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

unfortunately, it has always been the weak point of those series that mount that release mechanism, the dynamics are the following: the machine jams repeatedly, and the customer gets angry and badly closes the hatch, there is no certain solution, the best hypothesis is that break, at least it is more difficult for the metal support of the fuser frame to deform, the best thing is to instruct the customer to close the door centrally, possibly also applying an adhesive, also as Slimslob says, I had to replace the whole unit-

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

In one case where I had a customer continually breaking these, I modified the fuser removing the 2 arms and replacing the tension springs with longer ones. Never had an issue again.

Thanks everyone for your help. To copyaction wondering if you put longer springs does it always keep pressure on the two rollers?
    Thanks

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Thanks everyone for your help. To copyaction wondering if you put longer springs does it always keep pressure on the two rollers?
    Thanks
    Yes, just like the earlier generations of these.