Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Retired 10,000+ Posts
    5001: Paper is wrinkled and jammed on the ADF

Re: 5001: Paper is wrinkled and jammed on the ADF

Quote Originally Posted by phucnguyen View Post
    I don't know how much the code is because this machine is far away from me but I had to go there to fix a paper jam that my knowledge is limited
    The jam code is displayed on the screen when the jam happens. It is in the form of the letter J followed by a 3 digit number. It is also listed in the original jam history in the service. Print the service report.

The code tells us 2 things.
    1. WHAT SENSOR DETECTED THE JAM
    2. WHETHER IT IS A LEAD EDGE JAM OR TRAIL EDGE JAM

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    The jam code is displayed on the screen when the jam happens. It is in the form of the letter J followed by a 3 digit number. It is also listed in the original jam history in the service. Print the service report.

The code tells us 2 things.
    1. WHAT SENSOR DETECTED THE JAM
    2. WHETHER IT IS A LEAD EDGE JAM OR TRAIL EDGE JAM
    he needs to call the customer AT THE VERY LEAST.. If He were I, I'd pack my tools jump in the car ( it'll get him away from the boss ) and go put a set of eyes on the problem.

asking a end user to print out and send the report to him IMHO makes him look lazy and puts a bad light on the company. Besides most customer will flat out refuse to do it.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

I have a problem with ADF ricoh 5000 paper jam, it gets stuck when I pull the paper in, then it gets wrinkled and jammed like in the picture, can you show
    how to fix
    Attachment 49164

seen from this way, without codes, it seems there is some object in the paper path, or the customer has tried to clean the optics, and has incorrectly mounted the slide and its plastic, on the machine

Technician

I don't specialize in ricoh machines but also know how to disassemble this ricoh machine, I was asked by my boss to fix it but I am not sure because this machine is far from where I live

You do now.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

I have a problem with ADF ricoh 5000 paper jam, it gets stuck when I pull the paper in, then it gets wrinkled and jammed like in the picture, can you show
    how to fix
    Attachment 49164

Looking at the picture I can determine one thing, the paper pickup roller was still in the down position and in contact with the original when it should not have been. I would say that the original feed had been removed, disassembled and then improperly re-assembled. Either that or the cam that lifts it was not working correctly, but it can be seen in the picture and is in the proper position.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Looking at the picture I can determine one thing, the paper pickup roller was still in the down position and in contact with the original when it should not have been. I would say that the original feed had been removed, disassembled and then improperly re-assembled. Either that or the cam that lifts it was not working correctly, but it can be seen in the picture and is in the proper position.
    I knew the "crimp" in the paper was too wide to be caused by a " clip " that was out of place like someone suggested.