Thread: ricoh sp 4510

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

ricoh sp 4510

ok im mostly toshiba but my customer got this little ricoh probably from the it guy i dont know
    it called for a pcu drum unit no problem i put in the oem unit and bam it said toner not in correctly so i reinstalled the toner same thing then error code 681-11 so i came home to read the book and it said toner comm error reset error code but it doesnt say how to enter sp mode or what sp mode number to execute went back and the error code was gone so installed a new toner and it went back to saying toner not set right i was afraid to keep trying it because i think the error code will come back
    please help i dont know whats wrong or how to get into sp mode and reset code number
    thanks in advance
    bruce

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    ricoh sp 4510

Re: ricoh sp 4510

SC 681-11 is a Device ID error (No ID chip). Try getting a Genuine Ricoh PCU and toner.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    ricoh sp 4510

You don't need to get into SP mode to reset that code. You need to fix the problem and reboot the printer.

The problem is likely bent pins on the toner contact inside the printer.
    It's generally pretty easy to tell by looking at it if there is a pin or 2 out of position. I've had varying success rates at bending them back. I usually just replace them

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    SC 681-11 is a Device ID error (No ID chip). Try getting a Genuine Ricoh PCU and toner.
    they are oem and the toner was working with the old drum

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    You don't need to get into SP mode to reset that code. You need to fix the problem and reboot the printer.

The problem is likely bent pins on the toner contact inside the printer.
    It's generally pretty easy to tell by looking at it if there is a pin or 2 out of position. I've had varying success rates at bending them back. I usually just replace them
    thnks i did look at them and they seemed fine and making contact and the toner was working with the old drum

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    ricoh sp 4510

Oh my, how often do I hear that in the run of a week?
    It would seem to me that everything ever built works until it doesn't.

Good luck
    Last edited by sandmanmac; 05-17-2021 at 11:13 PM.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

These beasts are well known for the bent pins, but you say no. Double/triple check the pins. The toner cartridges are PITA to link to drum unit. When you turn the toner locking lever pay attention to the left of the toner cartridge, the circular piece should cam into the drum. I have seen the right side locked in and the left side not (left side broken) I have been telling customers when time to replace toner, remove drum cartridge and replace the toner outside of machine with drum on a table. It just seems to go back together better that way. I am suspecting that the pins get bent when customer forces toner in and slams the door trying to force it shut. When the toner and drum are in correct position the locking lever moves smoothly. If you are getting resistance, likely they are not in correct position with each other.

The SC code is not permanent that it needs a reset. When toner and drum are seated properly, the code will go away.
    I've proved mathematics wrong. 1 + 1 doesn't always equal 2.........

Especially when it comes to sex

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tonerhead View Post
    These beasts are well known for the bent pins, but you say no. Double/triple check the pins. The toner cartridges are PITA to link to drum unit. When you turn the toner locking lever pay attention to the left of the toner cartridge, the circular piece should cam into the drum. I have seen the right side locked in and the left side not (left side broken) I have been telling customers when time to replace toner, remove drum cartridge and replace the toner outside of machine with drum on a table. It just seems to go back together better that way. I am suspecting that the pins get bent when customer forces toner in and slams the door trying to force it shut. When the toner and drum are in correct position the locking lever moves smoothly. If you are getting resistance, likely they are not in correct position with each other.

The SC code is not permanent that it needs a reset. When toner and drum are seated properly, the code will go away.

thanks ill check it again I ordered a new toner to try also