Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Multi-feeding due to static ???

multifeed can also occurring when the bottom plate pressure is to low

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Multi-feeding due to static ???

Re: Multi-feeding due to static ???

Thanks for all the input on this!
    After taking some time away and getting some advice here, I determined (or at least decided) that static wasn't likely the cause, but more likely an issue with the type of paper or the process it was manufactured.
    I wasn't particularly interested in spending hours adjusting spring pressures, etc, and this is a T&M customer so I'm pretty sure they weren't either.
    They're good people -just looking for some sort of solution or workaround because the paper source is out of their hands.
    My hope was to be able to test it in the bypass, and there were reasons that I was unable to do so the other day, but today I was able to return and try that, and it fed beautifully.
    I know it's a much different feed system, but it also uses those 'old grey style' rollers which were mentioned earlier, and may or may not be the reason.
    Whatever the case, the customer is very pleased, as am I.

Often times, even if an exact solution can't be found, the additional input just helps a tech get pointed in a different direction in order to solve a problem, which is sort of the case here, and I did learn quite a bit about pre-printed paper too

Much appreciated!