Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Technician

Re: SC142 Ricoh MPC3003 and 3353

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    so where do you reset service codes?

Ricoh SC resets when you run service mode.... there is olny one service mode that resets fuser SC ....

i tried to reset SC! And nothing.... We are experienced in Ricoh so we know how to reset SC.
    experienced

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    SC142 Ricoh MPC3003 and 3353

[QUOTE=lukboruta;1777561The ground wire did a short circuit on SIO board[/QUOTE]

So you did not follow the service manual when doing the installation. Did you also fail to attach the bracket for the cable as well?

Since the data from the scanner passes through the SIO it is most like the only thing damaged unless what the ground wire shorted was a signal coming from the board on the back of the lens. That board is where the white reference data is processed. That board is not field replaceable. In that case you may need lens holder assembly.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    So you did not follow the service manual when doing the installation. Did you also fail to attach the bracket for the cable as well?

Since the data from the scanner passes through the SIO it is most like the only thing damaged unless what the ground wire shorted was a signal coming from the board on the back of the lens. That board is where the white reference data is processed. That board is not field replaceable. In that case you may need lens holder assembly.

I did follow the service manual when doing the installation but when u are in hurry u make a mistake.... dont judge me, just try to help me.... i dont nned the judge.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lukboruta View Post
    I did follow the service manual when doing the installation but when u are in hurry u make a mistake.... dont judge me, just try to help me.... i dont nned the judge.
    do you take pictures on you phone of the wires connected before you pull the harnesses?

in 30+ years in the industry I have never shorted out a board by leaving a ground wire disconnected. AND I ALWAYS double/triple check my work before powering on any unit.

i have worked on Ricoh .. Xerox .. Panasonic ..Sharp.. Oki .. Epson... HP and others.

" lukboruta;1777725]I did follow the service manual when doing the installation but when u are in hurry u make a mistake..."

haste makes waste

you don't want to be judged but you don't follow S.O.P. when doing repairs

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    do you take pictures on you phone of the wires connected before you pull the harnesses?

in 30+ years in the industry I have never shorted out a board by leaving a ground wire disconnected. AND I ALWAYS double/triple check my work before powering on any unit.

i have worked on Ricoh .. Xerox .. Panasonic ..Sharp.. Oki .. Epson... HP and others.

" lukboruta;1777725]I did follow the service manual when doing the installation but when u are in hurry u make a mistake..."

haste makes waste

you don't want to be judged but you don't follow S.O.P. when doing repairs

iN 20+ YEQRS IN THE INDUSTRY I HAVE NEVER SHORTED OUT A BOARD BY LEAVING A GROUND WIRE DISSCONNETED.... do you think i dont check my work? Mistakes are common, dont judge me... i try my best.... every time...

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

iN 20+ YEQRS IN THE INDUSTRY I HAVE NEVER SHORTED OUT A BOARD BY LEAVING A GROUND WIRE DISSCONNETED.... do you think i dont check my work? Mistakes are common, dont judge me... i try my best.... every time...
    " Mistakes are common, dont judge me.."

common for whom?

" do you think i dont check my work? "

frankly I don't know what to think about your technical skills.

or your spelling skills for that matter!

I'm outta here.

Technician

Ok so you judged me.... now try to help me, i assume you dont make mistakes.

Technician

[QUOTE=lukboruta;1777804]iN 20+ YEQRS IN THE INDUSTRY I HAVE NEVER SHORTED OUT A BOARD BY LEAVING A GROUND WIRE DISSCONNETED.... do you think i dont check my work? Mistakes are common, dont judge me... i try my best.... every time...[/QUOT]
    I see U are very self confident, but does it mean u dont make mistakes? really? so please, dont judge me, if you dont want to help me.... stop talking.... that forum has been create to help people and schare dvices, not judges.....

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Mistake are not common when you follow procedure step by step.
    Ok so you judged me.... now try to help me.
    Read my reply from about an hour ago.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Mistake are not common when you follow procedure step by step.

Read my reply from about an hour ago.

Sorry but i dont need such advices. I know my value.... so if you like to desscredit someone...stop doing that.

Do you have any practical advices or no? I made mistake, i know... so stop talking about it.... its useless..........................